Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Carenado Seneca engine sound issue

Just picked this up at the sale price. Running in beta 7 64 bit there are no engine sounds at all. The click spots for the 2d panels don't seem to work either. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I have removed gizmo from the plugins folder.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

The plugins for all Carenado planes ,as well as most other payware planes, are not made to work with 64 bit yet. You will have to use them in 32 bit until they are updated. The only planes I am aware of that work in 64 bit right now are the Mcphat ATR and Updated CRJ200(depending on where you bought it) and any plane that does not use plugins.

In a few weeks/months, this should be a different story, as developers have time to update to 64bit. Right now, its in a transition stage, thats why there are two .exe files.

Rob

Hi guys...

Rob, it states quite clearly as a disclaimer on their site..

"***WARNING: This aircraft was NOT developed for X-Plane 10. It works in that platform, but it doesn t take advantage of all the new features. We will provide a patch in the future which will make it 100% compatible."

It doesn't say it won't work with 64 bit, perhaps they need to update their disclaimer before people spend their money, according to this it's supposed to work, just a thought. The point is, how is one to know. I also bought the 172, an it's sound is fine. Who knows what has a functioning plugin and what doesn't.

Tom, removing Gizmo was a suggested starting point, which didn't work.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

It doesn't say it won't work with 64 bit, perhaps they need to update their disclaimer before people spend their money, according to this it's supposed to work,

It does work, but you are simply using an unofficial release! Especially with 64 bit the complain is ridiculous since many developers didn't got a 64 bit version before the beta and Ben Supnick asked developers not to release 64 Bit Updates before 10.20 gets its first release candidate ( http://developer.x-plane.com/2012/11/please-do-not-release-64-bit-add-ons/ )!

If you use a Beta Version you do it at your own risk! NOBODY gives you any guarantees that this version will work, since the main reason for the beta is to check if everything works!

Whatever, not even going to elaborate on a response, not worth my time. Currently in conversation with Carenado regarding the issue, will get a "intelligent" response from them. Have a nice day. -_-

Edit: Xplane is always unofficial, don't try to pull the wool over peoples eyes telling them otherwise. It's in perpetual Beta, always has been, always will be. It makes me laugh when they claim a version is official, for what a couple of weeks, give me a break.

Edit2: The 172n and the Bonanza both work fine (other than the prop disc is a little funny, who cares) in Xplane 10.2 Beta 7 64 bit. The Seneca doesn't, got an answer for that, no you don't, don't even bother to try. This was the reason for my purchase, the others work, why not this one, hence the question.

Edit2: The 172n and the Bonanza both work fine (other than the prop disc is a little funny, who cares) in Xplane 10.2 Beta 7 64 bit. The Seneca doesn't, got an answer for that, no you don't, don't even bother to try. This was the reason for my purchase, the others work, why not this one, hence the question.

The Seneca was the first version that used improved sounds by using the SASL plugin. All earlier Carenados didn't use any plugins so they work. But when the 64 bit X-Plane checks the SASL plugin of the plane it only finds a 32 bit version. So it doesn't load the SASL plugin and you can't hear any sounds.

The SASL plugin has to be recompiled with the new headers for 64 bit. But these headers were only released with 10.20 beta 1 and later they found out that SASL was unable to compile on Mac OS X 64, so Laminar had to change the memory structure.

They will have to release new versions for their SASL plugins when 10.20 is final. At the moment a new released 64 bit plugin could stop working in the next beta. That's the reason for Ben Supnicks statement..You can't compare this situation with the normal betas. Compared to the normal beta releases this is more like an alpha release.

In fact this was a known problem even before the release of 10.20 beta 1! Everything that depends on a plugin wouldn't work with the 64 bit version! All plugins have to be recompiled with the new version. Plugins that are no longer actively retained will probably be lost!

On the ot6her hand the problem that previously stopped Gizmo and SASL from working at the same time is fixed, at least in the 32 bit versions since there is no official 64 bit Gizmo either at this time. So the DC-3 doesn't work either in 64 bit at this time, like so many other airplanes like the Ramzess Boeing 777, Carenado B58 or even the CRJ-200 (if you didn't buy it from Aerosoft) too.

2 SOLUTIONS"

1) You can replace the Seneca sounds folder with one that works

I use the Bonanza folder

But the there is still the missing AP popup...

WHAT is the benefit of 64 bit X-Plane anyway>????

I still utilize the same amount of RAM (or so I think)

2) The prop issue can be "solved" by deleting (removing/hidding) the Car_Seneca_prop file

It reverts to XP10 default prop, which seems a big wider though

Same for the Car_Bonanza_prop deletion = WORKS FINE

WHAT is the benefit of 64 bit X-Plane anyway>????

I still utilize the same amount of RAM (or so I think)

The 64 bit only has advantages if you have complex sceneries and/or complex planes.

Take the the Schipol Airport from Aerosoft one of the better OSM maps for the surrounding buildings of Amsterdam and use it on a good computer with rather high settings and after a few minutes X-Planes 10 runs out of memory and even disables scenery loading.

Many core dumps with complex planes like the CRJ-200 or the Boeing 777 are in fact the result of an exhausted memory. Especially on a Mac which has significantly less avaible memory as a 32 Bit program than under Windows or Linux.

These are the situation where the 64 bit versions are needed. So for some people there is no immediate need to switch. But this is only the case at this time. Improvements of the default scenery, more complex planes and so on will increase the memory consumption and more and more people will run into the problem. This is the reason why Laminar decided to switch now.

Thanks peppy, I'll give your suggestions a try.

Glen

Edit: Thanks again, now have sound in the Seneca and although the prop discs are a bit large, quite happy. Now wasn't that easy.....