Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

737NGX

Hello Everyone, I dont use ATC in flying routes however today I opened FSX and selected PMDG737ngx house colours and after initialising an ATC small window with radio options appeared. I clicked it off and ended the flight. I restarted my PC and went through the same procedure as before using a different version of the 737 and the same thing happened. I went into the settings menus and the ATC section was inactive. Is there a section in the FSX.cfg which I can delete to stop this occurring. Many thanks for any replies. Richard Welsh.

This is a function in the setup of FSx which makes the ATC radio comms window pop up. You do not need to meddle with your FSx.cfg to do this. It can be resloved as follows:

Settings (tab)

General (button - 4th down on right hand side)

Air traffice control (box on right hand side)

Remove the tick from the box marked 'Auto-open ATC window'.

Simples, problem solved.

Hello Jason, Thanks for your suggestion, however, as I stated in my post I dont use ATC and all the boxes in the General Tab ATC are all unchecked. What I tried was, I checked this box in ATC and opened a flight and the popup ATC window was there. I ended the flight, restarted the PC, went back to General Tab and unchecked the ATC box loaded a flight but the popup was still there. If I dont get a remedy here I will raise a Ticket with PMDG. Richard Welsh.

Are you running FSX as an administrator? Your settings may not save if you are not doing so. Also make sure that you have not unintentionally assigned any buttons or keys to the ATC window that might cause it to open while the aircraft is initializing.

Hello, Thanks to all who replied but the problem has been solved thanks to Paul Gollnick at PMDG who suggested looking at the Free Flight interface and the Launch ATC Window where I found it had been checked. I dont know how this occurred but unchecking it removed the problem. Thanks again. Richard Welsh.

Richard - I read your 'I don't use ATC' as meaning you don't use it when flying rather than 'I have disabled it', hence my suggestions.

Glad to hear you have got it sorted now. And very easy to overlook that cheeky little tick box on the free flight window.

Happy ATC free flying. :biggrin: