Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Which KPIT?

Have to head there on business so need to do the sim flight before (superstition) and see 2 KPIT sceneries in the library. One by FRF and one KPIT 2008. Any feedback on preferences?

Thanks!

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I always liked the Mach1 sceneries (KPIT2008). Really smooth performance (all textures are DXT1) . Maybe not as much eye candy as other sceneries but I'd rather have a stutter-free airport any day.

Thanks very much Ramjet! I totally agree in terms of performance. It is funny, after all these years struggling with performance at KEWR I just converted all my textures to DXT1. Can barely notice a difference visually at the resolution and AA/AF levels I run but performance jumped and the stuttering is tremendously improved...

Thanks again,

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Yes, I also like the Mach1 sceneries including the KPIT scenery. They worked well for me even on an antique system I still got FS9 loaded on.

-Rich

Go with the Mach 1.

More detail and custom buildings.

As opposed to less detail and semi-custom composite buildings created by combining many borrowed objects into one.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks very much Ramjet! I totally agree in terms of performance. It is funny, after all these years struggling with performance at KEWR I just converted all my textures to DXT1. Can barely notice a difference visually at the resolution and AA/AF levels I run but performance jumped and the stuttering is tremendously improved...

Thanks again,

-Paul

Are you talking about Imaginesim's KEWR???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Are you talking about Imaginesim's KEWR???

Indeed...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guys. Sorry if this sounds stupid. But Is the KPIT 2008 the same as PIT 2008? I have done searches in the Avsim library for KPIT 2008 and all I get back is PIT 2008. Thanks.

Bob

Indeed...

You converted all the textures or got the converted textures from Imagionsim?

FS2020 

You converted all the textures or got the converted textures from Imagionsim?

Converted my own... Made a backup and did everything (taxiways, runways, terminals etc...) other than the base ground textures so far. Working so well I might try the base ground textures as well...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Converted my own... Made a backup and did everything (taxiways, runways, terminals etc...) other than the base ground textures so far. Working so well I might try the base ground textures as well...

Can I get a copy of those textures? Nothing I tried worked... PM me and I'll give you me email address. It would be awesome if I could get the same results on my system. KEWR is the worst performing scenery I have installed.

FS2020 

Hey Dillon, let me check the folder size.... I landed yesterday in HEAVY Overcast, multiple broken layers which would normally bring KEWR to it's knees and I remained at 35+ FPS and MUCH less micro-stutters which for KEWR is very good... I also did ALL my AI to DXT1 which helped as well...

So sad when coming from LLBG where I take off and land at a VSync locked 60FPS!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk