Sign in to follow this  
rapsta

Rex Essentials Overdrive Issue with WX Plus

Hello all,

first of all. I didn´t find anything about my issue in this forum nor in Google, nor in the REX Forum (it is very small I think, maybe because of not much issues ;) ). I want to ask here, because I read many posts in the past here and I was everytime stunned about how helpful you people are. So I would really appreciate your help.

Now to my problem. I have a question about the WX Plus mode of REX Essentials Overdrive. It is not working for me.

Everytime I wanted to start flying, the FSX is erroring just before loading the AI traffic, that it couldn´t load the weather model. If I click the message away I have not the right weather (I have the last weather that was injected from the last time in "normal" mode). And everytime REX is loading the new weather in the background, there is the same error "Could not load Weathermodel, Make sure that the file exists" (I don´t know if the error is right like this, because I translated it from German)

So my assumption is, that the WX Plus Mode doesn´t inject correctly to the FSX.

The "normal" old mode is working perfectly.

But sure I want to benefit from the new WX Plus Mode, because in the old mode my FSX is stuttering very much if weather is injected.

What I have:

Hardware:

Core2 Quad 9550

4 Gig Ram

Radeon 5770

Win 7 Ultimate (64bit)

Software

FSX Deluxe + Acceleration Pack

REX Essentials OD

MyTraffic X

AES

GEX

German Landmarks X

Stuttgart X

German Airports 2 2012

Mega Airport Budapest

and different Soundpacks from Turbine Studios

What I did:

deinstalled my old Version of REX first (Rex Overdrive)

Installed the new one in a seperate folder (Installer with Admin Rights)

Deinstalled the new one (after WX Plus wasn´t working see problem above)

Reinstalled it again, after cleaning all Folders and REG entries, that have to do with REX (I hope so ;))

Disabled even UAC and AV (Norton 360) completely (by the way I find this a little unusual, that a software needs to force this because of security reasons). But there was every time the same error, if REX was injecting the weather.

Does someone maybe experiencing the same problem, or have an idea what to do?

Again. I would really appreciate your help. Thx in advance.

Greetings,

Jens

You will be better of posting this in the rexe forum where you will get the right and correct response from the devs themselves

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I too am receiving the same exact error messages "Could not load Weathermodel, Make sure that the file exists" every time. Have new CPU running Windows 8(64). New Install of FSX along with REX+Overdrive first time using it. I have gone through all suggested fixes on REX install manual, tried to go directly to REX's support forum but still waiting to be verified member because you cant look into forums without being "verified" first, very annoying. I have tried other forums and most say same thing turn off Anti virus softwares, change UAC off, changed the property and security settings for Microsoft games folder in Program files(x86) to full control, have latest Microsoft.NETframework 3.5 and yada yada yada NOTHING works! If anyone has fresh suggestions please help...also heard about some beta testing going on in regards to a service pack from REX to fix this problem but not sure. Seems to be a common issue for us unlucky windows 7+8 users.

As Peter said, it makes sense to use the REX forums. I recall seeing a few pinned topics being on the case when it comes to the Could not load Weathermodel stuff.

The reason the OP may have failed to find it is that you have to be registered and verified to access the support area. By this, if you just register and not verifiy, the forum search does not return support topics.

Verification is a simple step explained here. http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/59-member-verification/