Sign in to follow this  
RCITGuy

UTX Night lights - Looks like fluffy candy

Hi Guys

Been messing about with these UTX night lights but cant figure out for the life of me why mine look nothing like their screenshot at all, not even close.

Mine just look like balls of cotton that light up... As attached..

Any ideas, or are they just plane rubbish pun intended..

Have you tried the settings in the configuration set up tool? Terrain/Set Lighting Effects Brightness/100%, 50% or 25%

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

check halo.bmp in Textures folder :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Have you tried the settings in the configuration set up tool? Terrain/Set Lighting Effects Brightness/100%, 50% or 25%

UTX Europe doesnt have any setting like this. In the dropdown it's greyed out with (USA&Camada) next to it.

check halo.bmp in Textures folder :)

Sorry Pelle, check it for what mate?

I had the same problem and just turned them off. Their photo is just plain rubbish, no matter setting I tried I could not get them to look like their photo.

-Ray

Sorry Pelle, check it for what mate?

I thought UTX is using halo.bmp texture for night lights? Try to replace it with a default file - FSX\Texture\halo.bmp

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yes, UTX night lighting objects use the FSX halo.bmp.

From the initial screenshot it looks like the halo.bmp has either been replaced, or, your system is not capable of running with the scenery slider settings you have and so ground scenery and objects are blurry.

Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Whats your filtering settings? and do you have ORBX england installed?

My UTX lights looks like the below. I do have experience x lights installed but their effect is minime in this scenery

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

lol, so after mopping up the drool, I hate you! Your a bad man! Going out filming a real aircraft and making me think its your FSX!

Seriously though, yours looks wicked... Heck, you even have runways lights, that are on the ground, not 3ft in the air like mine..

What filtering are you referring to though?

I'm guessing you mean AA?

I do have ORBX England installed, but disabled, too many huge stutters..

I do have Shockwave 3D Lights Redux installed too.... Wonder if that's got anything to do with it..

Yes, I believe that Shockwave 3D Lights Redux does change the FSX halo.bmp texture file with its own version.

Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

lol, so after mopping up the drool, I hate you! Your a bad man! Going out filming a real aircraft and making me think its your FSX!

Seriously though, yours looks wicked... Heck, you even have runways lights, that are on the ground, not 3ft in the air like mine..

What filtering are you referring to though?

I'm guessing you mean AA?

I do have ORBX England installed, but disabled, too many huge stutters..

I do have Shockwave 3D Lights Redux installed too.... Wonder if that's got anything to do with it..

lol ....Richard i have found the following post which might helps you http://forum.avsim.n...d-lights-redux/ ...it seems the Shockwave lights install their own halo.bmp without warning you which messed up with your UTX night lights.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Oh god... No uninstall either... I also get that same flickering inside the cockpit too, just realised its likely to be the 3DRL doing it..

No uninstall either.... Could we be heading for re-install #5 to get rid of these lights and ORBX in 1 shot..? lol...