Sign in to follow this  
Cayenne

Eye point, view point, head position, FOV, POV,

Hello All, Does anybody know how to change the default eyepoint and FOV for 3D cockpits in X-Plane10 ?

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker

Hello All, Does anybody know how to change the default eyepoint and FOV for 3D cockpits in X-Plane10 ?

Could you be a little more specific?

There is an option within the rendering settings were you can change FOV (increase / decrease).

Hope this helps.

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yea Pirata, I forgot I knew that (FOV render/settings) that's not My problem, My problem is eyepoint. This is the term Microsoft used-it is the point in space relative to the 3D cockpit where Your view emanates from. Expressed as X,Y,Z coordinates some times accompanied with a zoom value. The name is different depending on the simulator. FSX, and DCS eyepoint settings are easy to find and edit but I have no Idea how its done in XP. Also just noticed that XP10 disables the roll axis of TrackIR Hmmm (???)

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker

Hi Cayenne, I believe you can do it in plane maker where you will need to load the plane and change a value or two. As I am not familiar with PM I cant tell you how but I am sure thats where it can be done.

I think the best method for setting a default viewpoint (and for handling 3d cockpit viewpoints generally) is to use the PilotView plugin. You can assign up to eight camera preset positions which you can move the camera to with commands (keyboard or joystick buttons) as well as being able to move the camera about normally. PilotView can be set to start automatically and load preset #1, so you can set the 'default' position without using Painmaker by using PilotView preset #1.

PilotView also has roll control of the camera so it might enable the TrackIR's roll input. I don't know about that, I don't have a TrackIR.

You can get PilotView from here: http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm

Go into Planemaker, then open the Standard, Viewpoint menu.

Inside you will see 3 values (long/lat/vert arm pilot's viewpoint) which you can change.

I did the same thing myself to change a couple of viewpoints as I use TrackIR.

Have fun!

Why not use the quick views? They are saved per plane and can be bind to keys and/or joystick buttons.

Cheers

Flo