Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Ariane's 737 is great, I highly recommend it

Guest Eric Lunston

Hi,Well I finally broke down and purchased Ariane's much touted 737 NG and I must say that I'm VERY impressed with this add-on. It has all major avionics system simulated, INCLUDING A FULLY FUNCTIONAL IRS WITH ALIGNMENT PROCESS. No other 737 can much this level of realism!The VC has excellent framerates even on my low end computer and video-card. I love this thing and find it vastly superior than other 737 offings, this one is definitely a keeper.

Will they be offering a 2D panel?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

there we go again...When will Ariane stop spamming the forums with their infomercials?

Guest Dakota

What is an IRS alignment. I assume it has nothing to do with taxes?

"there we go again...When will Ariane stop spamming the forums with their infomercials?"You better have all your ducks in a row when you make such blatant statements. Ariane doesn't need any help in its accusation that its getting slandered in these forums. It's alright to suspect these posts, and another thing altogether to appoint yourself judge and jury and label them as spamming. I'd love for once to see you bite your tongue and refrain from rude comments. I know you have it in you somewhere, eh?-John

Guest Eric Lunston

I sure do like it. It's like having my own Level D simulator. I don't know what it is but this add-on screams with realism. I can't stop flying the thing.

Eric,I am curious what your qualifications are for evaluating realism in the NG cockpit. I assume you have PMDG's product too? Can you compare and contrast both products? I am afraid I will only have faith in a review by someone who has both, especially since it's been stated that both products have their shortcomings. I question your statement that the Ariane product has "all major avionics system simulated", given posts from folks here I know well, who don't have any axe to grind w/Ariane.-John

>>I don't know what it is but this add-on screams>with realism. Others before you provided a detailed list of systems that apparently are not working correctly in Ariane's 737NG (including key parts of AFDS). You can read those past threads - they are still around. We know you like IRS but could you give us your own take on the realism of other systems or is it too much to ask ? I am neither "pro" or "against" Ariane but am looking for rather in-depth review as opposed to headlines like "vastly superior" or "level D simulator".Michael J.

Guest cast1010

Eric, it's known that Ariane hasn't met other developers' standards, system simulation wise. It's been said here that the FMS is not fully functional (no progress page, etc), and some other features hasn't met the quality standards set by the other developer (PMDG).The simulation of an IRS IMHO doesn't make this airplane worthy, there are too many other important things that are not present at this time, and more important, I would rather spend that kind of money in an airplane that provides more than Ariane is offering, and we all know that the other developer (PMDG) can do that.The above can be discussed for ever and at the end is so subjective that we all won't agree in the same thing, what it is obvious, is that the price do not justify the value of this package, especially when you compare it to the other 737 available in the market. It's just a matter of comparison:Ariane = Approximately US$90.00 for 1 airplane, no 2D panel, no free liveries, very FPS friendly VC, photo real textures in the VC, system simulation doesn't meet PMDG's standard even though this one has a working IRS and several new unique features that are indeed very nice to have.PMDG = Approximately US$68.00 for 4 airplanes (6 variants - 18 different models), free liveries, extensive system simulation, FPS friendly, no IRS, and what I really don't like, no photo real textures in the 2D panel.I welcome the introduction of this new NG, this brings competition to a market that is becoming more appealed to realism and attention to detail, at the end of the road very beneficial to us, the customers.Carlos.PS: I don't own Ariane's package, my opinion is based in other users' insights.

Guest Svein Hansen

there we go again... When will Ariane stop spamming the forums with their infomercials?Im sure you know all about this,and give you credit for the incredible useful comment.

One correction to that. Arianes FMC has a PROGRESS Page. It has a bug with fuel calculation true, but the page exists ;)I don't think we can compare both products. Because you will always get into this is better or this is better.I tried to make an objective review. I could but there will always be someone thinking I am from Ariane, which is not the case.I found from my side in both products some advantages and som dissadvantages, features i like and some i don't. For me as a simmer it would be cool to have both put in one product, et voila, the best 737 would be on the market. But i think simmers view is diffrent from the business perspective.Cheers

>I don't think we can compare both products.I think we can. We are talking about two products attempting to do the same thing. Sure, whether 2D panel or VC is better is debatable and can't be 'compared' however functionality of electrical/pneumatical systems or something so fundamental as AFDS logic can be compared with almost mathematical precision.Michael J.

Guest Svein Hansen

I like both.But at the moment i see more potential in ariane's plane,because it a really good product now,and by the time its been patched up this will in my opinion be a very good addon. As to speak of realism,this is hard to conlude on,as many of us never flown the actual aircraft.Its more related to what one person like or dislike.I actually love flying the ariane,while other might not. This is a simulator remember,it will never be real,and never feel real.But what one person feel is real,might not reflect what others feel.

Guest Dakota

Spam or no Spam. It seeems as if Eric is just giving a sales pitch rather giving any useful information. I can't help, but think he is somehow related with Ariane. Buyer beware!

Guest georg

Who said theres no progress page?