Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

V Speeds Called out from two Sources

Hi

In the 737NGX, when I approach the V speeds, V1, Vr, V2, I'm hearing the speeds being called out from two sources. For example, when I reach V1, I hear V1 two times , as though two pilots were calling out the V speeds at about the same time. They're about a half a second apart. Appearently, one of the pilot voices must be coming from the simulator and the other voice is coming from the NGX. I unchecked "Us a Pilot Voice" in the box that says Air Traffic Control in the General Settings but I'm still getting two pilot voices. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Ken.

I don't believe the default ATC pilot voices are related.

Are you running some other add-on that involves sound (e.g., FS2Crew, TSS sound package)?

Hi Ken,

Go to the FMC Menu

Select Options>Simulation

Go to page 3/3 in the SImulation page

Under F/O callout: V1

Select Off

JQ

-Jiaqing LEW

'There's no reason to not like flying'

This is normal. They're both options in the FMC PMDG Options. Just have a look in there.

Kyle Rodgers

One is the first officer, the other is (one of) the plane's computer(s) if I'm not mistaken. The plane calls out V1 as you are passing V1 and I think the FO calls it 5 knots before, as is company policy at some airlines. As Kyle mentioned you can switch off the call-outs in the FMC.

One is the first officer, the other is (one of) the plane's computer(s) if I'm not mistaken. The plane calls out V1 as you are passing V1 and I think the FO calls it 5 knots before, as is company policy at some airlines. As Kyle mentioned you can switch off the call-outs in the FMC.

In this case, only the V1 speed is called twice, Rotate should only be heard once (as the computer system doesn't have a Rotate option).

Options in the FMC can enable or disable either the Computer callout (and then only the First Officer sound at V1-5 and VR will be heard) or the First officer (in this case only the V1 will be heard, and V1-5 and VR will not be heard).

It's even to disable both Computer and First Officer callouts, in which case no callouts will be heard. If we had Multiple-Crew-Via Internet connection then this would be useful so that your first officer could do the callouts over skype or teamspeak or ventrillo or something.