Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

AddonConverter X Not working...?

Hi,

I installed the demo version of Addon Converter and I installed the FSX SDK. I ran the installer for it and go it installed into FSX. My main problem is that my night textures at my airports are still blank.

Could someone assist me?

HI Ben: Compliments of the Season!

The Good and the Bad....

The Bad:- ACX doesn't always work on everything... It did fix most of my older FSX port-overs and a couple of FS9 aircraft.

The Good:- Stay tuned to this channel.... :ph34r:

Hang in there!

Happy New year!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The Good:- Stay tuned to this channel.... :ph34r:

Hang in there!

Not sure what you mean here... Is there another way I can manually convert the textures in Paint.NET? I really am sick of the blank night textures....

Not yet, Ben - I am aware of an app that's still in the experimental/development stage, but I have no time frame that I can give you. If Aerosoft (or whoever) can't, (or won't) put out a patch for you, then it's AddonConverterX at this moment.

We are all in the same boat, Ben, and have been since FSX was released. I'm sick of FSX ATC, sick of FSX weather, sick of FSX scenery, sick of devs' attitude toward DX10, but - hey - it's a hobby, and there are good folks out there working to fix things to make it better, OK? :Peace:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Not yet, Ben - I am aware of an app that's still in the experimental/development stage,

Honestly, I will pay to be on the beta. I am in dire need of a fix.... :lol:

My main problem is that my night textures at my airports are still blank

What airports? I would like to check them out. Are they blank in DX9 mode too?

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have Aerosoft PANC and PAFA and would get black textures and taxiways at night in DX10. With the most recent shader release all the textures now show up except the taxi lines. Also, Aerosoft airports setup has a DX10 "day only" option which I left unchecked. I'll test it one of these days... :) All in all very happy with these DX10 fixes! Keep em coming!!

What airports? I would like to check them out. Are they blank in DX9 mode too?

Best regards,

Jim

ImagineSim KATL and KCLT.

Nick,

I guess you have installed the bkg.bmp from Steve's shaders v3.2.1. That little file worked wonders for my ported airplanes and some scenery issues. I was considering buying the converter but this file solved most of my issues that I have found todate.

Just a thought in case you missed it.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

KATL does not work in DX10 Preview. Okay in DX9 so this is a problem with DX10 Preview in FSX. No building textures in DX10 mode for KATL. Looks like you will have to fly in/out of this airport in DX9 only. I see they are updating KCLT (as of 20 Dec) so didn't test it. Imaginesim has no obligation of course to upgrade their scenery to make it work in DX10 as DX10 is an unfinished product and will always be unfinished. Airports I have found not compatible with DX10 I fly only during the daytime. I saw that the runway lights (think green ones going onto/off the runways are incompatible too as they are just black boxes. Fortunately you can switch to/from DX10 to DX9 easily by just unchecking the DX10 Preview box and restarting FSX. No other changes are required to your configurations. So, when you fly at night, you'll just have to remember to fly in DX9 mode only. Hopefully you listed this in the incompatibility post. Maybe the developers will take note but I doubt it as they have other projects occuring. I suspect KCLT will end up with the same issues when the update is released.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10