Sign in to follow this  
mochahagotdi

VC Fuzzy Lines - ATI Card

I need some help with the fuzzy lines in my VC. I have the 'High Resolution 3D Cockpit' selected, and my display screens in the VC are fuzzy, mainly the font. I've attached screenshot of my VC as well as my ATI CCC settings. Additonally, I do have Bojote's shader mod installed. Any idea on how to fix this without having to upgrade my video card (HIS Radeon HD 4670)?

Try selecting the highest setting in the global resolution textures within the FSX display.

Regards and happy simming,

JQ

-Jiaqing LEW

'There's no reason to not like flying'

Try enabling anti-aliasing in FSX options.

Try selecting the highest setting in the global resolution textures within the FSX display.

Regards and happy simming,

JQ

I've tried both of these suggestions, however, the fuzzy text still exists.

You could try checking the box to use application settings for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

-Jiaqing LEW

'There's no reason to not like flying'

You could try checking the box to use application settings for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

Tried this as well, no avail.

Have you tried windowed mode?

Yes. I've resorted to not using the high resolution cockpit, though, the text is still a bit fuzzy, but a bit better than it was.

The more you zoom out or position yourself at the back of the cockpit (like in your pic) the more it gets worse, only sparse grid SS solves this for me set at 2x coupled with 8xS, I have a GTX 580.

I've got the ATI 5700 series so I might have different results then yours but I've got it tuned in very well for FSX and the NGX through trail and error...

Smoothvision HD: Anti-Aliasing

Use application settings= unchecked

Morphological filtering= unchecked

Level= 4X

Filter= Wide-tent Samples: 8X

Smoothvision HD: Anisotropic Filtering

Use application settings= unchecked

Per-pixel samples= 8X

Tessellation= AMD optimixed

Catalyst A.I= Texture Filtering Quality slider at Quality

Enable Surface Format Optimization= unchecked

Midmap Detail Level= Quality

Wait for vertical refresh= OFF

Anti-Aliasing Mode= Quality Super- sample AA

OpenGL settings= Triple buffering checked

FSX Anti-Aliasing is off. This is so the card has control which at some point I read is recommended for these cards with use in FSX.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Have you tried lowering Anisotropic Filtering? I run mine at 4x. Any higher than that and I find it starts to degrade fine lines and text - especially noticeable with the FSX popup menu.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Unfortunately running anti-aliasing with an Ati card, especially with the SS mode, has a huge impact on frame rates.

I have it disabled altogheter, not worth the loss of frames imo.

Unfortunately running anti-aliasing with an Ati card, especially with the SS mode, has a huge impact on frame rates.

I have it disabled altogheter, not worth the loss of frames imo.

I run 4x AA in SSAA mode on an ATI card with not much of an impact at all. The shader mod is an absolute must for this, as otherwise flying through clouds is too much of a hit. Each system is different of course, but my CPU is pretty weak for FSX, so I'm pretty sensitive to framerates.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Have you tried resetting the Catalyst Control Center settings to the defaults? Sometimes you may miss resetting a crucial setting that may not seem significant. Through experimentation with CCC settings, my FSX would sometimes become blurry (i.e., "smeared"), but would always revert to its normal state under default settings.

I believe NVIDIA cards are better and more flexible for FSX, though.