Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Aeroworx KingAir B200- any takers- how is it?

Guest David Lee 2

Mark,Here is my opinion on the Aeroworx KA200. It is a beautiful plane with one of the most complete VCs I've seen so far. It also has some other features I've not really seen done well in any turboprop so far. The start up procedure actually feels like a real turboprop, not a jet model with propellers (although I realize a turboprop is essentially a jet engine with propellers). If you have a throttle quadrant you'll find that the condition, prop, and power controls do pretty much what they should do. Aeorworx also implemented a damage modeling system along the lines of some of the other companies. The good news is this one does not require you to exit FS9 to make changes or reload the aircraft to see the changes. The Aeroworx system is selectable from the FS menu and has a number of choices (you can add oil or change out engines, the latter at a high price!). Unfortunately, I always find these damage modeling systems to be squirrely. They usually work if you follow the procedures to the letter but I find the Aeroworx system is particularly unforgiving for hotstarts - even if you do follow the checklist precisely.My system is getting rather dated now (2.0mhz, GEForce 4600Ti) and the B200 pushes it to the limit. Because I use Project Magenta's RJ glass cockpit in my home cockpit (not a bad replication, actually, for the nav upgrades being done to King Airs now) and can control most everything with GoFlight units, I've disabled most of the gauges in the VC to smooth things down as much as possible. Aeroworx provides several options in terms of models which should accommodate your needs for VC, 2D, and virtual cabin.The manual is excellent and I highly recommend forwarding the manual to be printed at Kinkos with a comb binder - at least the checklist part. I purchased a B200 manual on Ebay (which actually came on CD - ripoff!) and found the Aeroworx one had just about everything the real one had. I knew nothing about Aeroworx when this bird was released and still don't. I don't know if there will be patches or upgrades. I know they are also working on a Caravan. The price is higher than most but think of it as sort of the PIC767 of turboprops. I think it has enough extra bells and whistles to rationalize it. Now if you prefer to just jump in FS, hit Ctrl-E to fire the engines before flying inverted under the Golden Gate Bridge, you might be better off with a simplified model like the B1900 mentioned here - also a fun plane but considerably stripped down for your entertainment pleasure.That's my 2 cents!David

Guest kingairvols

Thank you for sharring the info, it sounds like a good one. I appreciate the feedback.Mark.

Guest kingairvols

I appreciate the info, sounds like you know what is working best depending on the lenght of the flight.Take care.Mark.

Guest kingairvols

Pleae dont be frutrated with my quetion. But from what I read there are 2 King Air 200 payware planes that are avalible. I can be wrong, but from going back thru the tread that was the way I saw it. I will try to find out. Agian, I did not mean to frustrate you.Mark.

Guest rlitchfield

To start off with...I'm not affiliated with Aeroworx at all. :)I've chosen this plane for my around the world trip, which started a month or so ago. So far I think it is a great addition to my fleet, and think it is worth the money. The flight model seems realistic enough, however, I not flown an actual B200 as I am only a real student pilot at the moment.Hope this helps.Robert

I just bought it a couple of hours ago, and so far I am very impressed and happy that I purchased it. It is very realistic in my opinion, and the graphics are awesome. :+

No worries, I'm not frustrated with you (nor do I have any reason to). I think you might be confused by the FFS/Aeroworx naming thing. It's the same aircraft, the 2 developed it together. It used to be sold at FFS' website, but now it's only sold at the Aeroworx website. I believe you're a fan of the default King Air 350? Can't go wrong with this B200. :)

I had been meaning to pick this one up, but due to real world work, put it off. This thread reminded me of that and I just got it, haven't taken her up yet, but I am extremely impressed with the graphics and the VC is superb!! I have most GA payware and this one has the least hit on FPS on my rig, guess the Navajo is going into the Hanger for awhile! LOL(I love how you can click on the cabin doors and they open as opposed to a keystroke! LOL)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi Mark,Before getting retired I did work for 25 years in Europe for a Denver based medical company, called Cobe Laboratories. Just out of curiosity, what's your company's name?Regarding the King Air, as stated in another thread the Aeroworx offering and the FFS are the same. Before selling it through Flight1, Aeroworx did sell it through FFS. I bought it and am very happy with it.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

All I can say is what have you been waiting for! :DAbsolutly the best aircraft in my hangar. I have made more repaints for this airplane than any other.....

Guest jordanmoore

I have the PMDG B1900D and it has been my absolute favorite fixed wing untill the B200. However, I'm not sure the 2 can be compared fairly. With the 1900D you basically get a beautiful model sitting on top of the default MSFS systems (like a very pretty version of the default Kingair 350). As such it comes with a very fair price tag, one of the best I've seen for an aircraft of that quality. If you like the default KingAir, this one is DEFINITELY worth the purchase, I would recommend it in a heartbeat!Now the B200 is much more in depth. The visuals are top notch. But that is just the surface. The systems are where the detail is. Each system has been simulated visually and technically to a very high degree. You really have to learn your way around the cockpit to properly operate this product. Like the jetliner products that require a fair amount of study to use, this could be seen as a great stepping stone aircraft. Requires some study, but not so much that you couldn't take it for a spin on the first night and live to tell about it. It also has some bonus software to keep track of how bad you are punishing your aircraft with improper operation. The only down side I have seen so far, is that the VC is a little heavy on frames. I have a pretty good setup, (more horsepower than average user) and I still get a little choppy in the VC especially when you get closer to the ground, and there is a lot of external motion. The reason I mention it is because I am able to run some other high-end VC's with no problem, so it surprised me when this one was choppy. I'm going to guess that I'm not the only person to notice this.If you are someone looking for real-world details, I believe only the B200 would fit the bill. If you are someone that REALLY enjoys flying the default KingAir 350 in FS, but would like to kick it up a notch, then I recommend the B1900D. If you are a true turboprop lover in general, I would recommend both.Jordan Moore

John,The Aeroworx B200 sets a new standard...in the Aeroworx forum a few weeks ago, one of the developers responded to a user question with a digital photo of a gauge taken from the real plane...the panel in the sim is so close, the photo might as well have been taken from a screen shot. I enjoy learning the systems of a complex aircraft, and the B200 does as good a job of emulating the systems as any sim plane ever produced. This is the aircraft I wish the PMDG B1900D had been, and had PMDG chosen to put as much effort into the panel as they did for their 737, I'm sure the B1900 would have been in the range of $30, too. Yoda

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, after much debate on how much I really fly the small stuff, I broke down and bought the 200. The download was painless, and after af few hours with it, Henning sent me a file which they had left out in the flight 1 wrapper which is the new effects file.Have to admit, it's a keeper . . . and I've enjoyed the hell out of flying it. Guess I have to get use to flying a tad slower than .80 cause this one is a joy to pilot.Best to all and I can sincerely recommend this aircraft.Clayton T.Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac" Great job Henning!!!