Sign in to follow this  
garymcginnis

Active Sky Evolution Cloud Issues in FS2004

Hi everyone,

Having a problem with ASE and the clouds in FS2004. I just installed SP4 and will test soon but wanted to start the topic just in case my issue isn't fixed. I did some looking thru other topics and have only come up with FSX fixes for my issue.

So, I'll be flying along in the clouds and am very happy with the quality. Then all the sudden the clouds disappear as a weather update starts. About two minutes later all the clouds return. It is quite annoying to say the least and I know for a fact this didn't slip past the development team. The only "guidance" I found was for FSX which said to change the Dynamic Rate of Change but this doesn't help me since I'm using FS2004.

Is there any way to fix this? I've had ASE for about 9 months and am finally getting tired of it as we re-enter the winter season in the northern hemisphere where there is at lot of IMC conditions to be enjoyed. I was a convert from AS6.5 and had no issues with the clouds staying in place during the update with that engine.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Gary,

Have you tried a clean install?

I flew around for four hours yesterday in a 727 operating in and above multiple cloud layers and did not see the behavior you describe with SP4.

Lee Adams

JAFO

Gary,

Have you tried a clean install?

I flew around for four hours yesterday in a 727 operating in and above multiple cloud layers and did not see the behavior you describe with SP4.

I am using a fresh install of ASE with a fresh install of FS on my new computer. Had the issue on my old computer with ASE too. Just to clarify, I had this issue without SP4 and still with SP4.

Are you using FSX or FS9? The FSX fix is the rate of change slider. There has to be a fix for FS9 too!

You can put a ticket in at the support center with your session log and option settings.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

You can put a ticket in at the support center with your session log and option settings.

Hi Dave,

I thought this was the only Active Sky support.... do you have a link to this ticket system?

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

I thought this was the only Active Sky support.... do you have a link to this ticket system?

Thanks!

Here ya go.....

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

FWIW I have seen this behavior too in FS9. It hasn't happened on my last few flights with SP4, so we will see if it occurs again. It is rather annoying to be on an approach in solid IMC and the next thing you know the airport is visible in front of you for a minute or so!