Sign in to follow this  
GrayGhostVA

Strange Sound Issue

I just bought the Button version of the J41 after finding the button versions more comfortable to use than the voice ones, and I'm running into a sound issue.

I've tried to fly the J41 3 times now and every time this keeps happening. I'll be setting up the flight and the co-pilot will be heard as normal, but I'll forget to write something down or have to look at another window, so I pause and minimize FSX, when I come back there are no voices, the co-pilot doesn't announce that he's doing the walk-around, or coming back from it. By some random occurance when I pause FSX, I will suddenly hear the backed-up voices in succession. After this I try to continue the flight, I click the button for "Accept Loadsheet", no voices, but when I pause it again, I hear the FA with the loadsheet and the Captain reciving it.

I've never had this problem on the Voice version of the J41 (which is completely uninstalled from my computer as per manual instructions). It's almost like FS2Crew get's confused whether the simulator is actually paused or not and loses it's mind when I minimize FSX to go to another window.

If you need any more information please let me know, thanks.

EDIT: I've uninstalled/reinstalled the J41 and FS2Crew and still get the same issue.

- Sean Lewis

I believe the newest one, the config manager says version 1.0. I just bought it so it should be the newest, and there doesn't seem to be an update for the Button control version (only Voice).

- Sean Lewis

I return with (mostly) good news!

Just did a flight from Heathrow to Dublin and the sound issue I had a month earlier didn't occur, even when I was switching screens and everything. My only issue was that right in the middle, FSX decided to crash. I'm /pretty/ sure this was the J41's fault, I'm having a lot of issues with it. The IAS hold makes the plane go out of control and FSX almost always crashes...

I think I might have accidentally touched the "Headset" button a bunch of times or there was an issue with the sound driver that it decided to use and it just got confused. I touched neither and it worked perfectly. Appart from the crash.

- Sean Lewis