Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

DC-3 Sperry Pilot problem in FS2004 / Win 7 64-bit

Hi,

I've used the MAAM-Sim DC-3 for years in FS2004, over countless hundreds of miles, and like to think that I know my way around the cockpit and the basic Sperry autopilot.

However, having recently updated my PC to a Win7 64-bit system I came to fly the DC-3 today only to find that suddenly, when the Sperry Pilot is activated, the DC-3 flies 180degrees in the wrong direction ! This appears to be a problem limited to the heading hold element, as the Elevator and Aileron knobs appear to be working correctly and as before.

Is this a problem anyone else has come across before, and is it likely to be a limitation related to Win 7 64-bit or some sort of corruption ? Apart from the obvious FS2004 reinstallation needed for registry purposes my set-up is exactly the same as when run on my WinXP system, with the DC-3/C-47 etc installation unchanged from the previous system (99% of my FS2004 files are on a separate drive.)

Any help would be appreciated !

Cheers,

Alastair

Happy New Year Alistair. Indeed you are one our "senior clients" and advisors. I never cease to be amazed that new things continue to pop up after all these years! I'm interested to hear if others find this peculiar "bug". We may have just the instrument to help all the would be virtual "Wrong Way Corrigans" out there.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Bill,

Happy New Year ! It was a bit startling when it happened, especially as the DC-3 and Sperry have been so reliable in the past ! If the Dakota needs to be returned for servicing, let me know ...

Alastair