Sign in to follow this  
Guest buggabee

FS Water for $15? How about FS BS....

Guest Zevious Zoquis

>Man, and I was thinking of releasing a payware version of my>'flatten file'...>>I think it's a pretty good file, and it solves a hill problem>on an island somewhere.>>However, file is too small so was going to try and beef it up>to like 45mb with some big textures and give it a 500-page>manual and an auto-installer with some adverts of some other>great new stuff I might bring out..>>Anyone care to part with $20??>>P>lol, this ties with the wonderfully saucy (and now locked) "FSmud" thread for lamest post of the day imho...

Guest jetBlue_83

Make it $25.00 and you have a deal!!!My reason is this: If that file fixed a hill in my home country of Jamaica (an island) that I take great pride in flying into and out of, the of course I will buy your file!!! But for the person in Dubai (example) who could care less about my little island nation, you could bet my $25.00 that they would laugh you to scorn. My thoughts on this whole issue is this: I will buy FSWater because of the way I feel about it. I have seen the screenshots and can say that there is a major difference compared to the default textures. The sky does look more realistic, and so does the water. The product does what it says it will do, and very well in my opinion. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is as simple as that. There is no need to attack the author just because there are other alternatives out there.Maybe one day, when the passion for developing for FS is gone and we are stuck with default EVERYTHING, then we might appreciate those who attempt to make our experience more realistic.

Guest Peter Wilding

What an excellent idea. There are lots of islands, you could flatten the whole world.Cool. Brillaint!I'll buy it.If you like I'll do some new green sky textures and some trickle black seas, new world oder after the Holocaust. Count me in.Great sense of humor.Peter Wilding

Although I'm not in the habit of reacting to this type of rediculous posts, I can't resist it this time.Just my mood I think :-)1. Never judge something if you don't have the proper arguments.(which you don't because you haven't bought/installed it).2. If you don't like a payware package, simply don't buy it. Period.This is another classic example of a freeware/payware discussion that:- Leads to absolutely nothing.- Doesn't contribute anything to our hobby.What really amazes me, is that posts like these get so many responses while so many "relevant" posts get no attention. Why don't you all use all this energy in creating something that really contributes to our hobby (freeware OR payware) ??My appologies to the original poster of this thread (I just picked this one by coincident :-) ) to make my observation. Nothing personal.Regards, Rob Barendregt

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks Ramon,I'm glad to hear another customer out there but please be sure if you are not 100% satisfied with it you will get your money back.I think one thing to consider is that there is a large proportion of people who are genuienly color blind between greens and blues and see these colours more like others see grey. I'm not sure of the numbers but it is fairly high.It could be that those who are making the more negative posts are perhaps unable to see colour as well as some of us do and therefore do not see the advantages as we do?Just a thought.Anyway, Ramon, I'm very, very pleased to hear a much more positive post from someone.Thanks ever so much.Peter Wilding

Guest ps76

"Cute "P" But I'll pass. It's obvious from your post that you wouldn't have the mental capacity to come up with anything that is useful."Judging from the fact that I have never remotely released anything either freeware or payware I would have to say you seem to be correct in this case!!However, if I was really smart I would be flying instead of posting sarcastic comments :-roll.Apologies for the outburst

Guest Peter Wilding

Good suggestions Rob, but you know how it is. Things often get like then calm down a little.Peter

There you go, Tom - trying to buy influence. :)Too bad PT didn't do the same thing for all of the folks bad mouthing his 737NG. :-beerchug

BobK

Guest Len

Nothwithstanding some of the self-righteous criticism of your post, hopefully you starting the post will serve nothing better but to bring attention to a product, which, having seen the numerous screen-shots, and for the equivalent $20 Canadian is simply not worth it at all. Particularly in view of the fact that there is freeware offering of clearly AT LEAST equivalent and likely superior quality.This is a hobby, but it's also something many of us spend a lot of hard earned money on. Hence, if the comments seem a little too direct or unapalatable for the weak of heart, they can also take their own advice and ignore the "debate". The very fact one would post and pontificate about other posters spending time and energy (abeit quite minimal at best) on this issue kind of betrays their point.In any event, thanks for starting this post.

Guest bigun

Len," Particularly in view of the fact that there is freeware offering of clearly AT LEAST equivalent and likely superior quality."Your are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, but it is very difficult for me to put much stock in your statement based on looking at a few static pictures. There are a few comments from folks who have actually PURCHASED the product (including myself) that generally feel that the product is worth the $$.

Guest SoarPics

I agree with George. I've only flown over a small area (very small area) with FS Water, but based upon what I saw installed and info from the PDF I'm looking forward to exploring many more wet places in the sim.This isn't a simple water add-on. It's quite clear once one sees the size of the package and the numerous different textures that alot of time and effort went into it.Hopefully Peter and Flight1 will come up with a truly viable way (as in video) to demostrate the product. Screenshots alone can't convey all that the package can do.Greg

Guest Peter Wilding

likely is the word of the day.Looks like you are jumping the gun here and really you should be trying it out.You are not on a strong wicket unless you have tried it out and let's face it those that have to my knowledge have given it praise. Those that started of saying it was rubish are gradually being won over.Dare you take the challange and actaully try it. You will get a full refund if you are not 100% satisfied.Peter

Guest RichD

I could care less about this topic. Just posting to keep my account current.Richard

Guest Peter Wilding

Again thanks Greg,You are right on the ball here. Stactic shots are not really the best way to show this poduct off.I'm confident the more you use this product the more it will grow on you and you will gradually come to fully appreciate some of the more subtle aspects such as sun-sets and sun rises or flying over some tropical regions.Regards, Peter

HI Peter, " looking at the tiles in the wrong way? "I was talking about the block texture that's appears above 15 000 feet, that's appears in fs2004 default as well, look like it is not fixable and more a fs2004 limitation rendering.Anyway good job and be proud of your texture :)RegardsChris

Kind Regards
Chris Willis