Sign in to follow this  
leghorn

Pros and cons of Shader 3

I installed Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod v.1.6. Is anyone using it? If someone does - Why?

I'm asking you because i don't find any big difference..

I noticed that my water looks dark at night (finally) and that's pretty much it!..

Also, lately i get an FPS drop when passing through clouds.. I is possible that it's due to the Shader 3?

Hi there I have it but like you am not sure if its doing anything different

I have got confused with how to launch it as I also use Rex essentials

If I run shade that then launches fsx. If I run rex that launches fsx so not sure if I can run both at the same time

I tried the burn in and forget with different themes for each day but really don't know if its running or not

I will look into more when have time but done do much tweaking and installing just want to enjoy some

flying for awhile

If I do find anything out ill post again

Regards

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Also, lately i get an FPS drop when passing through clouds.. I is possible that it's due to the Shader 3?

I rolled back to 2.0 for this very reason. My FPS were unstable with heavy cloud cover, over water particularly with 2.x settings. Besides with "shade", I don't see the water at all at night, so.. :lol:

of the 'pros' was a boost for ATI cards, I've also gone back to 2.0 because I use Nicks modified 'sunmod' and FSWC (FLIGHT SIMULATOR WATER CONFIGURATOR) of which I think are shader 2, I was also getting some poor sun reflections with shader 3

bob

Personally I tried it out since I do run an ATI card and was hoping for smoother performance, but unfortunately the mod messed up the water effects. I did have a try at fixing it and managed to improve it, but not quite to where it was without the mod so I rolled back. No harm in trying though and I have red plenty of positive feedback so full kudos to ******* for giving it a go.

Btw, does anyone know what happened to him? I haven't read anything from him in a while.