Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Need help controlling airline traffic density

I need some assistance with controlling the amount of traffic that is allowed for a single airline. I'm in the process of updating my AI flight plan packages little by little. I initially used World of AI, and am keeping all of the texture files that came with the various packages, but I'm downloading updated flight plan files from the library.

I am starting with United Airlines. I downloaded the AIG package, added my textures to the aircraft.txt file, and compiled using AI Flight Planner utility. I removed the original United traffic.bgl file created by WoAI. Everything works fine, but my gates are too full! My traffic slider within FS9 is set to 50%. However, I noticed in the flight plan.txt file traffic is set for 1% for each flight plan (over 500), which means I get all or nothing. I read somewhere to change the 1% to 10% for all flight, so I did, but I still have the same problem - almost every gate is occupied at KIAH. So I tried 20%. Same issue.

So my question - what is the best way to control the amount of traffic displayed for a single airline package? I see WoAI uses a different percentage value for each individual flight plan, but I just can't imagine doing that 500 times! The only other solution I can think of is to inactivated a couple of aircraft in the aircraft.txt file by placing // in front of an aircraft entry. Is there another solution that is better? Perhaps a utility I don't know about?

Thanks!

Todd

AIFP has the ability to "adjust activity levels" on the "Flightplans" tab.

I have never used it and the manual indicates it will do what you want it to do.

Backup your traffic .bgl before using it.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I'm pretty sure that section wasn't there when I read the manual the other day. I double checked, though, and it's there today! Thanks. I should probably read the manual rather than skimming it. Gees!

Todd