Sign in to follow this  
chuchu40

pmdg 737 tutorial manual

We'd love to have you on board with us. If manuals and text training are your thing, then go for the free stuff. If video training is your thing, I'd suggest you check us out.

You won't be getting accurate information from Youtube.

Good luck in your endeavor!

I second that, you will not find more accurate training anywhere else. Angle of Attack is the very best bar none.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hi,

If all you want to learn is programming the FMC, then the B737NG FMC User's Guide by Bill Bulfer is a good buy.

Totally correct! This manual has more information than you'd ever need for simulator. But you can basically do anything in the manual in the simulator, which is a huge tribute to PMDG. Although, it is quite a boring read at times, it's really solid stuff.

I am going to get the captains package tomorrow. Hopefully will transfer the vids onto one of my ipads for viewing in bed. I learn easier at night than day

They look awesome on the iPad, I tell you what! Just really, really impressive. Especially if you have a newer generation with a retina display.

I am going to get the captains package tomorrow. Hopefully will transfer the vids onto one of my ipads for viewing in bed. I learn easier at night than day

Can't wait to have you onboard!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hi,

If all you want to learn is programming the FMC, then the B737NG FMC User's Guide by Bill Bulfer is a good buy.

Thanks Dude, this I will look into. Do some of you guys know I any good "aftermarket"-books is written about the MD-11?

Regards,

Morten

23.png

Thanks Dude, this I will look into. Do some of you guys know I any good "aftermarket"-books is written about the MD-11?

Regards,

Morten

Personally, I don't know of any. It's such a rare aircraft that it's just not mainstream enough to really be worth someones time. It's such a shame, because it's a great airplane.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Works great, I have them all on mine.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

This is just one of many examples: I was watching a Youtube video the other day and the guy had started his engines at the gate before even doing the FMC setup. I'm sorry, that is completely incorrect. This happens all the time. The information is rarely accurate, and not of very high quality.

Anyone can make a video sharing what they know. But to make a very high quality video, with verified and solid information, that's a completely different story.

There are some videos made by real world 737 pilot. Skysurfer007 is a good example.

There are some videos made by real world 737 pilot. Skysurfer007 is a good example.

He does some really great stuff, and it's cool to see his inside knowledge. It's still not as complete and comprehensive as our training, though, with all of the systems knowledge, then the flight knowledge, etc.

Still great, don't get me wrong.

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

After watching a few of your AOA lesson preview videos of YouTube, I must say I am very impressed at the professionalism of the lessons. I only wish our training packages in the Air Force were so well done!!

I have been trying to avoid buying the 737 NGX as I am not a fan of sitting back 'flying on rails' so to speak. But it is getting harder to resist, and some domestic short-haul flights around NZ and a few over the Tasman to Aussie are looking very tempting.

You won't be getting accurate information from Youtube.

As someone who releases videos on YouTube, I have to agree.  Most of the stuff I see is complete trash, and doesn't explain why you're doing things.  You won't find that in Chris' stuff.

Heck...it even has pretty graphics, intros and transitions.

Kyle Rodgers

You won't find that in Chris' stuff.

Thanks a million, man! I really appreciate that. 

After watching a few of your AOA lesson preview videos of YouTube, I must say I am very impressed at the professionalism of the lessons.

Big thanks! Really hope you get to enjoy that beautiful bird. Don't forget, you can make it less daunting for yourself by getting our Aviator90 series. 

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hey Chris, why don't you recommend he read the Avsim review of the AOA PMDG 737NGX training program?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

AOA001, on 23 Jan 2014 - 3:02 PM, said:AOA001, on 23 Jan 2014 - 3:02 PM, said:AOA001, on 23 Jan 2014 - 3:02 PM, said:

Big thanks! Really hope you get to enjoy that beautiful bird. Don't forget, you can make it less daunting for yourself by getting our Aviator90 series. 

Thanks Chris - yep after watching plenty of reviews, and Froogle getting stuck in - I went out and got myself the 737NGX. 

All I can say is wow - love it. I was a little concerned with the performance on my PC, but it seems to be handling it fine, maybe a 5fps drop at the busier airports, but back to 30 in the climb/cruise. With EZDok and TrackIR you just feel so at home on the flightdeck with such realistic textures and systems!

Takes a bit more than a 737 to 'daunt' me B)  Was a AMEL at Air NZ on 74, 76 and 777's etc and currently am a FE on the P-3K2 in the NZ Air Force  :zeland-flag:

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the Aviator course, but have over 2000hrs sitting on the flight deck of a P-3 along with stick time in a Traumahawk, King Air etc - so pretty sorted with the basics haha. EDIT: Didn't see it was free thou! Couldn't hurt to brush up a little!    I will also check out that review, thanks Ray - googling now..

Actually jumped in the 73 the other night for my first flight and managed to fire up a trip from NZAA to NZWN using the TPAPA2B approach to autoland, was nice.  Now to just dig into all the systems (Hey I am an FE lol)....the 737 Captain package looks pretty interesting  :p0303: