Sign in to follow this  

EZDOK not working

None of the current solutions have worked for me. Im sick of re downloading this piece of torture via the wrapper from flight1. on the fourth attempt i got it to work for a minute or two then stopped just before i had my first camera done. now its stuck on not working as before. I cant do without it but i hate it so much. It really has brought the worse out of me. I'ts the most troublesome piece of software i've bought for FSX.

'Opus' has a very good 'camera' function. Try that, you can get it for a months free trial?

None of the current solutions have worked for me. Im sick of re downloading this piece of torture via the wrapper from flight1. on the fourth attempt i got it to work for a minute or two then stopped just before i had my first camera done. now its stuck on not working as before. I cant do without it but i hate it so much. It really has brought the worse out of me. I'ts the most troublesome piece of software i've bought for FSX.

It works without problems for me, and for a very long time. You need to run EZCA config.exe after installation. After installing updates too. And every time after you install new aircraft in FSX - first restore cameras, and then configure again.

First, you need to install updates:

1.16 here http://www.ezdok-software.com/4.html

1.17 here http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA-Update-1.17.zip

Then try if everything works. If EZDOK starts, but then freeze/stop responding after some time, you probably have simconnect problems. Let me know if this is the case and i will tell you more about this.

If EZDOK is not starting, go to installation folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA" and start it manualy - EZCA.exe. Test it. If everything works this way, you have a problem with "exe.xml". To fix this, go to "C:\Users\"YourUserName"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" and find "exe.xml". Open "exe.xml" with notepad(the best would be with notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ ) and check that you have this line:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If not, add this line manually, copy/paste using notepad++.

Check also exe.xml integrity. To do this, go to PMDG website and read how to check DLL.XML integrity http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx and then apply same metod to exe.xml. You have everything described there, check newline characters, check file for truncated entries, and check top and bottom of exe.xml - first 6 and the last line must be the same like in DLL.XML.

This should fix it, if you don't have simconnect problems

Thanks for the reply ill give your suggestions a go to see if i can get this running.Another annoying problem with EZCA at the moment is i have to alt tab in order to get it to show. ######+D wont work. Not a huge problem but i hate alt tabbing fsx as it can get very unstable and hang on you.

hi! i had install the ezdok program, but i looked everywhere for the exe,xml andi i can't find it.. i looked "C:\Users\"YourUserName"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX but i don't have a appdata foulder on my user. however, on administraror foulder, there is a appdata without microsoft foulder.. so i cant run the ezdok program.. can anyone help me please??

hi! i had install the ezdok program, but i looked everywhere for the exe,xml andi i can't find it.. i looked "C:\Users\"YourUserName"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX but i don't have a appdata foulder on my user. however, on administraror foulder, there is a appdata without microsoft foulder.. so i cant run the ezdok program.. can anyone help me please??

Do this, and try again after that:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

Ezdok is working with all planes now. Since i deleted the entry in the addon menu for RAAS Professional, there is space for Ezdok again. Strange, but I can deal with that one.

It seems RAAS Professional is also a problem for me.

I reinstalled Windows 7, FSX, then EZdok and it worked. Then I installed PMDG NGX737-800...still no problem. EZdok showing up in the addon menu and working.

THEN installed PMDG 777 with RaasPro and EZDok won't show in the addon menu, only RaasPro does.

When I delete the section of RaasPro in the dll.xml file in application data/microsoft/fsx there is no problem and EZdok is in the addon menu again.

And yes, everytime I ran the ezconfig after installing new aircraft.

Still trying to find out why this is happening. Maybe more PMDG 777 users have this problem?

For me, Norton was the problem.  Ezdok stopped working after I installed a new addon scenery and pmdg 737NGX repaint.  After numerous attempts and solving this issue, I uninstalled Ezdok, reinstalled it with my Norton completely disabled and added the Ezdok exe to Norton's exlusion lists, and now it works. 

Kristof

Kristof Barocz
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg