Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatback

AppHangB1 CTD

I'm getting an AppHangB1 crash when I try to input my alternate airport in the fmc. I have a flight plan from PANC to PHNL and I crashed 3 times in a row trying to input PHOG as the alternate so I input PHLI and got the same thing. I installed the new aircac cycle today so could that be the cause? And of course I don't have a backup of the old one... :(

yea i used to get a ctd as well when i tried imputing the dest airport in the fmc , my solution was to do a re install of the md-11 which has solved the issue for me

I uninstalled the MD-11, deleted the directories and ran ccleaner to make sure it was all gone and then reinstalled. I'm still getting the hang. I changed the route to simply PANC PHNL and still when I enter PHOG as the alternate get the crash. Other flight plans and alternates seem to work fine, just this one.

So after re-installing everything now I just got the AppHangB1 when I went to enter my departure and arrival airports. Could there be anything corrupted that wasn't replaced when I did the uninstall/reinstall?

Edit: And another crash. I'm basically dead in the water until I get this addressed. Beyond frustrating... :(

resolved as user error. It was, I'm happy with it, this ticket is over.

So what was the user error?

Not so much user error I guess as a configuration problem. I was told that it was a problem with core file structure so would have to reinstall FSX. I haven't done that yet so am just not using the MD-11 until I work up the nerve to reinstall.