Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stelios

Megenta

Hi guys slowly but surely I am beginning to understand the complex parameters in flying this wonderful 737 NGX plane. I just have one simple question. After programming the FMC with a flight plan, when I am in the legs section I see on my left one way point in magenta color and on the right one altitude display also in magenta color My question is, when I see this magenta altitude number, must I start climb/descent at the indication displayed in magenta color?

stelios

On LEGS page your next waypoint is shown in magenta.

Altitude and speed are magenta if they are your next altitude/speed restriction. It's unnecessarily that they are would be in a first line. All other restrictions will be shown in white large font.

My question is, when I see this magenta altitude number, must I start climb/descent at the indication displayed in magenta color?

All you have to do is cross every waypoint at specified speed/altitude. You don't have to chase magenta altitude every time you see it.

On LEGS page your next waypoint is shown in magenta.

Altitude and speed are magenta if they are your next altitude/speed restriction. It's unnecessarily that they are would be in a first line. All other restrictions will be shown in white large font.

All you have to do is cross every waypoint at specified speed/altitude. You don't have to chase magenta altitude every time you see it.

Thanks for the answer. So does this happen automatically? "cross every waypoint at specified speed/altitude" or you have to compute yourself (manually) when to start descent to reach that waypoint at the indicated altitude

stelios

So does this happen automatically?

Your top of descent (T/D) is calculated automatically, based on these altitudes, yes.