Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnny19

GEX North America performance experience

Hello everybody, I am planning to buy GEX NA any I was wondering how does it perform compared to FSX default textures? I have REX+, AS2012, FSDT, FlyTampa And FlightBeam airports too. I would love to enhance the rest of the continent too, but I am worried about the performace impact afterwards. Any input is greatly appreciated.

GEX replaces your default textures. They are optimized and provide better performance. The product would not affect any addon airport as it only replaces the default textures.

Best regards,

Jim

As I understand it the ground textures themselves will have no impact on performance as they are 1024x1024, but changes in autogen annotation/placement has been made, although I have seen no evidence of a performance boost.

I have the European edition and it's fantastic, in fact I am downloading the North American edition right now to purchase it :)

Got the NA edition and it is really great looking, and no performance hit whatsoever and visually huge step above the default textures, so I am pleasantly surprised . I think I will go and buy European edition too :D since im flying on these two continents 99% of the time.