Sign in to follow this  
Serge

JS41 and Buttkicker

I recently added a Buttkicker to my sim setup after reading a topic on it in the NGX forum. It's a great addition and truly makes a difference to FSX however it doesn't appear to work so well with the JS41 compared to the NGX or GA aircraft such as the Realair Legacy. With the JS41 while in flight looking forward in the VC there is no feedback through the Buttkicker. If I turn to look out the side windows then I will get some feedback. Is there anything I can do to get some subtle feedback from Buttkicker while in cruise looking forward in the VC?

Regards,

Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

I notice the same Serge. My BK is connected to the subwoofer-out circuit, so I would assume adding some low freq signal to the proper sound files would help. Of course I don't know how or even if that is possible.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

I notice the same Serge. My BK is connected to the subwoofer-out circuit, so I would assume adding some low freq signal to the proper sound files would help. Of course I don't know how or even if that is possible.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and even opened up the JS41 sound folder to have a look but with so many sounds files knowing the correct files to edit is beyond my limited knowledge.

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

I am not sure if I can find it again, but at one time I recall there being an application to let you alter the sound files in fsx. If I come across it again I will post a link to you guys. It has something to do with changing the recording to hidef stereo. You guys may do a search and come up with something of the sort. Good luck, I love the J41, it is a fun little airplane. Good luck gentlemen. Cpt out/

I am not sure if I can find it again, but at one time I recall there being an application to let you alter the sound files in fsx. If I come across it again I will post a link to you guys. It has something to do with changing the recording to hidef stereo. You guys may do a search and come up with something of the sort. Good luck, I love the J41, it is a fun little airplane. Good luck gentlemen. Cpt out/

Audacity is the program.

I used it to edit my J41 sounds, slowed down and sped up some custom sounds to match the animations eg wipers from Steve.

All the wavs are in FSX\sound\pmdg that you can edit.