Sign in to follow this  
BilboBaggins

Memory Leak?

I'm wondering whether there's some sort of memory leak in the SR22 model, associated .dlls?

Reason I ask is that if I start FSX at opening screen, select a config that should leave plenty of RAM for it, then just Change to the SR22 and leave it rotating at the opening screen for awhile, it goes gray/loses its textures?

No other 3rd party high-quality planes I have do this, including the PMDG 737 NGX.

....?

I've had all aircraft do that at one time or another, including default aircraft.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I've had it happen temporarily, as the HD is streaming the textures into RAM after selection; but I've never had it lose them again just sitting there....? Odd. Nothing is theoretically going on at that point.

Upon further time with this, I'm certain my issue is not a memory leak; just the HD textures loading.

Really enjoying this plane! I've now got the perfect FSX settings for it saved, and am getting familiar with how everything works, operating procedures, approach parameters, etc.

Sure there are some nits, but they really are minor annoyances. Overall, this is an excellent experience.

Wish I knew how to repaint, had the time, and was as good as the amazing Jan Kees Blom!

I hope he'll pick up this plane and try his hand at a few repaints; his work is really beautiful.

Anyways, after hours spent: highly recommended! :)