Sign in to follow this  
topofthestack

Throttle problem with 800NGX & FSX

I have FSX Sp2 installed with PMDG737-800, 747-400, LDS767 as well. I use CH Flight Yoke (Control Manager v4.55) as my input device.

Just recently I found that whilst trying to taxi out the aircraft wouldn't do anything but a 360 turn to the right. I ended and exited from the flight, started again without any problems. I subsquently decided to recalibrate the Yoke but on further flights, whilst I can take-off and generally fly without problems, either after landing (spoilers deploying and autobrake engaging) the throttle go back up to TOGA, or else whilst on short final, with the AT & AP disengaged etc, if I slightly increase the throttle, full GA power kicks in!

I have subsequently uninstalled the CH Yoke, restarted the computer, and installed the updated CH Control Manager (see above). I'm still getting the same problem.

I started another flight and found that when I tried to taxi out (AT disconnected) that the 800NGX started to taxi at a great rate of knots, which I eventually couldn't control.

Does this look like a full FSX, PMDG etc re-install, or can this be cured by a quick fix, or a FSX Repair?

TERRY GALE

base leg for 09L/09R EGLL

UK

Terry, I would disconnect the CH Flight Yoke and then carry out a flight from the keyboard and determine what, if any issues you have. If no issues, this will at least indicate the PMDG, and presumably the FSX Installation is ok and it is some thing to do with the CH Yoke / Controller interface. Almost sounds like the throttle levers are still in the 'on' position and or they have a dodgy null zone.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Don't rule out interference by FSUIPC. Try cancelling any settings you have and see if the problem goes away.

To be quite open about it, this FSUIPC scenario has caused me more frustration than any other. For example recently I couldn't work out out why a clean NGX wouldn't exceed 200kts regardless of power setting or altitude. After hours of calibrating and googling I decided to reinstall. But first I checked to see if I had accidentally left any FSUIPC control settings as active and found one area that controls spoilers/speedbrakes. I reset that to FSX native and hey presto the problem went away. I don't recall ever knowingly invoking that FSUIPC input, so I now don't allow FSUIPC to interfere in any way whatsoever with my flying. Of course, the elitist core will spring to its defence, but the FSUIPC instructions are in large part unintelligible to all but an honours mathematician. Sorry, but I cannot point to any other input to my enjoyment of flightsimming that has caused me more irritation and wasted more time. I'm not an honours graduate in mathematics but I am an honours graduate and 26 years a real-world pilot but trying to follow and implement the copious coded instructions for FSUIPC simply puts my brain in a sling. I'm surprised it hasn't ever been mentioned. Possibly out of respect for that fine gentleman Peter Downson and the enormous benefits brought by means of the unregistered version. This is just my personal experience. Anyway, getting back to my point - just try disconnecting and FSUIPC involvement in anything to do with flying your jets and see if you stop going around in circles. Worked for me.

On a more positive note, if someone ever comes up with a 'Dummies Guide to FSUIPC' my money's on the table.

Do you have any other conrollers (eg a joystick) installed? Make sure that all assignments for other controllers are deleted in the FSX Control section.

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your input. It's been very frustrating as you can imagine, especially as I've not touched anything under the surface! Perhaps the pixies have been playing on it at night. My grand-daughter perhaps who as a 14 month old seems to have learnt how to use my smartphone!

After trawling through various posts I came across one about the PMDG settings available from the FMC and checked to see whether the AT Manual Overide setting had changed. Low and behold is had and having changed it to 'Always'. The only time I've been into these dark parts of the FMC was on set-up so I can't see how this got changed.

Well, I did a short flight and had the same problem but suddenly realised that perhaps I had to close down and restart FSX/PMDG. As the hour was getting late, i didn't have further time to check things out but I'll do so later today (UK time).

BTW: If you've not read Ryan's post on NVIDIA settings then do so! I've changed mine to his first recommendation and, after having all sorts of problems on my Geoforce 8600 GT, the display has been great.

Take care out there!

TERRY GALE

TERRY GALE

UK

The clue is in the statement "after landing" I had this with my Warthog...The answer disconnect AP! Yep as simple as that..;-)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Thanks for the inputs.

I've just stopped messing about with the program and admitted defeat and have uninstalled the whole lot to start afresh!

Even after making changes and checking PMDG's FMC setup, FSUICP (which I've never used to calibrate the CH Flight Sim Yoke, and have no others installed), I had the same issues when either loading a previously saved scenario, or loading from scratch.

When loading a previously saved flight, and also when loading a scenario using the FSX free flight option, I kept finding that either after starting from C&D, or other situations, that the N1 would increase to 73.2 even though the throttles on my yoke were fully back. Even when in VC, and having pulled the throttles right back and starting up (N1 was indicating about 20), as soon as I moved the Flight Yoke throttle forward a touch, the N1 increased to at least 73 or over.

It seems strange to me that when the throttle on the yoke is fully closed, the throttles on the 737NGX are nearly two thirds of the way up the pedestal. In every cockpit I've travelled in (many over 40 years in aviation), when you pull the throttles back, the N1 decreases towards 'tick-over' speed. Perhaps I'm a bit out of date on these newer types?

Safe flying everyone. It may be a few day before I'm flying again!

TERRY GALE

UK

Well, I've uninstalled everything and spent hours reinstalling and on my first flight back into LHR I turned off the AT, and SierraHotel have always had the AP turned off well before landing, and the same thing has happened again!!

Thanks Geoff (por930), I'm beginning to think that the CH/Controller interface may be the source of the problem although It does seem a little strange that when I calibrate the Yoke, the throttles move on the grid and seem as though they are working fully. I seem to recall a long time ago that someone said you had to give the throttle a quick increase to unarm the AT but even that doesn't seem to work now.

TERRY GALE

UK

I pleased to report that I seem to have solved the problem, with the help of CH Products, by rolling back to their Control Manager v.4.52. I would suggest that anyone thinking about upgrading their CH CM to v4.55 doesn't unless they have to, especially if everything is working fine!

Now to get back to reinstalling all those addons and scenery that I had to uninstall!!!!!

TERRY GALE

UK