Sign in to follow this  
waleed

Beirut is finally here

Heads up for those who are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/Leborsim

Beirut has been released finally for fsx by Leborsim.

All I need now is a repaint of the soon to be released Dash8Q400 in RJ express colors.

Waleed N

Thanks for the HU. I can't find it at Avsim yet but I saw the terrain got updated to 1.5 too, so I'll grab that in the meantime. :biggrin:

OLBA has one scenic appraoch for sure. Nice that it gets treatment in the sim finally

Thanks for the HU. I can't find it at Avsim yet but I saw the terrain got updated to 1.5 too, so I'll grab that in the meantime. :biggrin:

Sorry for the late reply, I could not find it either.

Look for it on his facebook site, it has a download link.

NEVER MIND, it is in the file library now.

Waleed N

Just installed both Lebanon Terrain X 1.5 and OLBAX V1.0, all layered correctly but am not seeing the photo real outside the airport and not all the custom looking autogen and high rise buildings like the preview photos suggest. Anyone else having this issue as well? My cityscape is just displaying the default ground textures and a few random buildings even with autogen and scenery complexity completely maxed.

The preview pics show a ton of buildings in the city as well a photoreal ground but after looking in the scenery folders of both OLBAX 1.0 and the Terrain folders of 1.5, I dont see any large files that would indicate photo scenery or custom autogen or building placement.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't see any custom stuff outside of the airport either.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The photo. stuff should come via the OLBA_Layout.bgl. It's sized ~96mb. There's a 1.01 patch out giving you a new one as it seems that some red spot was corrected. As for the city details and larger photo coverage, I think they are working on Beirut X. So it's not there yet.

note that those are part of BeirutX scenery and not OLBAX

Was added to the screens with the tons of buildings. So perhaps that explains the current lack. Looks great by the way! Nice project. :smile:

The photo. stuff should come via the OLBA_Layout.bgl. It's sized ~96mb. There's a 1.01 patch out giving you a new one as it seems that some red spot was corrected. As for the city details and larger photo coverage, I think they are working on Beirut X. So it's not there yet.

Was added to the screens with the tons of buildings. So perhaps that explains the current lack. Looks great by the way! Nice project. :smile:

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know that. I though all the high rise buildings and city photoreal was from Lebanon Terrain X 1.5, didn't realize BeirutX was a whole seperate project, I do have photo scenery for the airport though so that part of it is fine. No wonder why outside of the airport didn't look like the screen shots.

Not a bad freeware offering. It would be nice if they added some custom polys for the taxiways and runways at some point. I'm not much of a fan of using the photoreal ground for the taxiways like ORBX did at one or two of their big hubs like Melbourne.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They seem very open on the critique from their posts. I think your idea with the polys sounds good. Image the city scape adding to the already nice airport sooner or later and you have a blast for zero Dollars.