Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

FinlandX - Freeware in a league of its own!

The quality is better than any payware.

Makes me wonder how much payware photoreal you own... ^_^ NL2000 is absolutely awesome for freeware but the photoreal textures aren't good all over the (little) country. Some parts look really absolutely awful. But again, it's free (and it has a great installer) so I am not simply kocking the addon but better then any payware...? I don't think so.

Seems pretty good!

Does it work with UTX Europe?

No, and why should it? It is way better and more accurate than UTX. No problems having both installed though. Just put FinlandX on top.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

No, and why should it? It is way better and more accurate than UTX. No problems having both installed though. Just put FinlandX on top.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear: I know FinlandX will supersede UTX, but I want to keep UTX for the rest of Europe; just wanted to know if these two could work together. Good thing there is no problem, thank you for your reply!

Does anyone know whats happening with Swedflight project? I thought they were working on an updated version...

Sadly the SWED2011 project has been canceled. To quote the main author (Google translation from swedish):

Thursday, January 3

After fifteen years of flight simulators and builders of scenery as well as text watchmaker've now reached the end. Not that I want it, but because my body says stop. I am now in my 77th year, and the body begins to protest. I have in recent years suffered from a disease that makes the joints solidifies and pain during use.

This has been around the feet and legs but has now spread to the hands and arms. It comes and goes every which way and you can never be sure how it is when you wake up in the morning. Strong painkillers will help to some extent, but on the other hand gets tired of them.

So, with this I put all construction aside. Health and välbefinnadet may go before anything else.

In other words, scraps I SWED2011 and stops production where it is today.

What happens to all that is almost finished or semi-finished. Yes, that is the question. Will try to dislodge the airports so that they can be used separately as before. When I do this I do not know. But I have good days and will try to do this then. Can take time but it gets it done.

Writing like this is quite as good as I then only use about straight fingers and a variation of the index finger roll. I only use four fingers for some reason. Became well as one time when you learned to type on a typewriter.

It will happen a lot during 2013 in the simulation area. ORBX comes with a brand new texture series that will cover the entire globe. A smart move since they already have all the textures clear to their various sceneries. Their textures're arguably the best ever made and they will change our simulator world in a very nice way. I'm really looking forward to this. With a slightly improved land class can Sweden and Norway with these texturers help get a brand new and more real look.

Basis for a good country class already exists and the technology to do it once the real textures are not too difficult and time consuming. Hope someone takes on the task.

Besides ORBX texture series will also P3D during the year with its version2. It is full of innovations and improvements.

Really something to look forward to. It is the combination ORBX textures and new P3D I see an opportunity to easily convert my existing airports. We'll see how it will go.

Unfortunately, it is well also so that the interest in flight simulators have fallen sharply in recent years and steadily declining still. The risk is well that the hobby completely die out. Possibly ORBX and an improved X-plane 10 keep interest alive. Have yourself tested X-Plane 10 and it's actually not so crazy about his 64-bit variant. I will not completely stop the simulatorena without going over and fly. It will be great indeed. Have not done it so much over the years.

Sounds page here remain but maybe I change it to be a blog instead. Will always be something I want to show or describe. For as I said roller finger works the as yet anyway.

Take care all and flights carefully!!

Regards

Lennart

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sad to hear about that Lennart- I imagined him to be 30 some pc nerd. It is a wonderful hobby, youngsters and grandpas all together.

Now those Finnish airports... Helsinki-Vantaa, Helsinki-Malmi, Oulu and Kuopio are available. They are a bit tough to find and put together, but possible. If one could add Tampere and Rovaniemi, all bigger airports would be there. Otherwise its mostly non-profiting regional flights and occasional charters. In sim, I believe, its about lakes. Bush flying.

Vaasa airport would be nice to have too, after all it has some international operations too such as Air Baltic Dash 8 to Riga and some domestic jet operations & a lot of ATR's.