Sign in to follow this  
Scott434

NGX (and FSX) has never been better

Hi,

I personally don't line windowed mode too. I prefere to run FSX in fullscreen. However, due to my second monitor, which I like to use for charts, Active Sky and other handy software I run my FSX in windowed mode in fullscreen.

Well this sounds stupid, but it works. Basically you have the FSX window and a programm called FSimtimizer will expand it onto your full screen.

So if your screen resolutuion is 1920x1080, and you run FSX and FSSimtimizer the FSX window will be pulled so that it fills up the 1920x1080 pixel on your screen. You don't see the task bar and you don't see the frame arround it.

It is basically fullscreen with the benefits of windowed mode.

I did not try Vsync on it tough.

Best regards,

Jonathan

I would be interested to know if anyone else has seen similar results??

I haven't used FSX in windowed much [apart from long haul, switching to 2d cockpit and windowed for multitasking].. Is there really gains to be had by running windowed?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I would be interested to know if anyone else has seen similar results??

I haven't used FSX in windowed much [apart from long haul, switching to 2d cockpit and windowed for multitasking].. Is there really gains to be had by running windowed?

This is interesting - I run on a laptop that has a 15' screen with an Asus 24' monitor. I was originally using the 'Extended Displays' option with FSX in windowed mode on the 24 inch and AS2012 etc on my laptops screen.

Little did I know I was loosing 5FPS+ in that configuration! So using just my main monitor and no extended displays; I'm getting 5-10FPS more on the ground and 20 or so more airborne. That's the configuration I'll be using from now!

This is interesting - I run on a laptop that has a 15' screen with an Asus 24' monitor. I was originally using the 'Extended Displays' option with FSX in windowed mode on the 24 inch and AS2012 etc on my laptops screen.

Little did I know I was loosing 5FPS+ in that configuration! So using just my main monitor and no extended displays; I'm getting 5-10FPS more on the ground and 20 or so more airborne. That's the configuration I'll be using from now!

Wow Luke, you have a 15' (foot) laptop and a 24' (foot) Monitor! I'd love to see that! haha, just had to do it.

Back on topic..

I have to agree with the OP, my FSX experience has never been better or smoother or as beautiful than it is now, a new PC and 27" display helps a lot.

May I ask what is your road traffics setting, autogen? AI Traffics? Do you still see a slight pause as your plane does the take off roll? I removed all road traffics, lower my autogen to normal, AI is only at 15%. I don't use the buffer pools =0 tweak, due to flashing, and it has been smooth flight as well.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I'll get back to you on those settings, I'm off to go snowboarding!

FSSimtimizer looks interesting and worth testing out. Where can you download from and are there any setup instructions? From what I could see this was possibly for Multi monitor setups so is it something that would also benefit a single monitor system? Thanks.

May I ask what is your road traffics setting, autogen? AI Traffics? Do you still see a slight pause as your plane does the take off roll? I removed all road traffics, lower my autogen to normal, AI is only at 15%. I don't use the buffer pools =0 tweak, due to flashing, and it has been smooth flight as well.

If your question was directed to me then here are my settings, if not disregard. I don't get pauses during take off roll or any other time.

*edit.. I wanted to mention that the latest Nvidia driver 314.07 is very stable with these settings. Just for the sake of mentioning.. I always pause before entering or leaving full screen and always make menu choices within FSX in "Windowed" mode. Seems to work well for me in preventing CTD's. Starting a flight in windowed mode seems to work well also. I'm also using the ENB series shader mod with good results.

Graphics_030413.jpg

Aircraft_030413.jpg

Scenery_030413.jpg

Weather_030413.jpg

Traffic_030413.jpg

Here's my Nv Inspector Settings:

NVinspector_030413.jpg

My fsx.cfg tweaks are:

[bufferPools]

RejectThreshold=131072

[GRAPHICS]

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

HIGHMEMFIX=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

Maximized=0

[Display]

InfoBrakesEnable=False

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False

WideViewAspect=True

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

(All FPS numbers are with the PMDG NGX VC)

These settings give me around 20+ fps avg at busy addon scenery like SFO, TPA, and PHX. Currently, I'm not using any external limiters and have FSX FPS set to "Unlimited". I have to say that even low FPS numbers seem smooth compared to using a limiter, I don't get any jerky laggy frames or tearing and everything looks brilliant.

See my computer specs in my profile.

(All FPS numbers are with the PMDG NGX VC)

These settings give me around 20+ fps avg at busy addon scenery like SFO, TPA, and PHX. Currently, I'm not using any external limiters and have FSX FPS set to "Unlimited". I have to say that even low FPS numbers seem smooth compared to using a limiter, I don't get any jerky laggy frames or tearing and everything looks brilliant.

See my computer specs in my profile.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

There is also some program called PseudoFullscreen. It allows you to run FSX in windowed mode while it actually looks like you're running fullscreen. I have used it in the past and it works but I am not using it now for some reason. I might try it again.

The advantages of windowed mode are quite good:

1. Your second monitor won't go black

2. You will not have any FPS loss caused by the mouse pointer.

Good info!

I added the HIGHMEMFIX before, but noticed I do not have the following sections in my fsx.cfg. Is it as simple as adding the headings and text?

[BUFFERPOOLS] Poolsize=0

[JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=84

//HT on

Thanks!

Good info!

I added the HIGHMEMFIX before, but noticed I do not have the following sections in my fsx.cfg. Is it as simple as adding the headings and text?

[BUFFERPOOLS] Poolsize=0

[JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=84

//HT on

Thanks!

Yes it is but I'd stick to the formatting used in the cfg.

[BUFFERPOOLS]

Poolsize=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84