Sign in to follow this  
KLM777-300ER

PMDG MD-11 Flaps

Hi all,

I have a question, when i deploy the flaps for take-off the flaps closest to the fuselage extend but the flaps at the wingtips stay retracted does any one know what i am doing wrong?

I have seen many MD-11's who's flaps extend also at the wingtips.

thanks in advance

Jeffrey

All the slats and the inboard and outboard flaps should extend. What do you mean by "wingtip" flaps ?

Peter

Peter Schluter

All the slats and the inboard and outboard flaps should extend. What do you mean by "wingtip" flaps ?

Peter

I mean the ailerons, here is a link and you will know what i mean

Jeffrey

I can see what you are saying...the outboard aileron on the video has a slight downward deflection, but no extension. I am not sure if this is modelled on the PMDG.

Have a look in the manuals for "takeoff deflected ailerons system". That might be your answer

Peter Schluter

From the options menu you need to tick "deflected ailerons". Then you will get the effect you see in the video. Apparently it was an option to have this or not....so as a good PMDG customer you get the option too !

Peter Schluter

Are extra animations on?

Good day to all.

Where is this option found?  I don't remember setting this on when i first installed the MD-11. I thought I was having program issues so I uninstalled FSX and re-installed including SP1 and SP2. After re-installing the MD-11 and Boeing 747, the flaps, spoilers and wheels do not function.

Other than setting this option on, is there anything else that must be turned on?

Thanks

Good day to all.

Where is this option found?  I don't remember setting this on when i first installed the MD-11. I thought I was having program issues so I uninstalled FSX and re-installed including SP1 and SP2. After re-installing the MD-11 and Boeing 747, the flaps, spoilers and wheels do not function.

Other than setting this option on, is there anything else that must be turned on?

Thanks

Hi,

You should be able to find it within the FSX menu. I think somewhere in the graphics options, however it could be somewhere else.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Good day to all.

Where is this option found?  

I'm not sure all of this is necessary, but by trial and error this is what I did.  With FSX running, it's under the "Add-ons" tab, "PMDG", "Options", "Airline Options - Equipment".

I found it yesterday after reading this post.

PMDGissue1_zps0c60d49c.jpg

PMDGissue2_zps92a67db8.jpg

Then in FSX, go to "Settings", "Graphics" and click "Advanced Animations".

PMDGissue3_zps9dc005ea.jpg

It's called flaperons. Only Fedex, as far as I know, doesn't use them. They only extend with TO.

Gr,

John

Hi all,

I have a question, when i deploy the flaps for take-off the flaps closest to the fuselage extend but the flaps at the wingtips stay retracted does any one know what i am doing wrong?

I have seen many MD-11's who's flaps extend also at the wingtips.

thanks in advance

Jeffrey

This very same question was posted a few weeks ago. A search will provide all the answers