Sign in to follow this  
Delta747Man

How Are the FPS After Patches?

Hello all. I am considering buying the C208 with the Cargomaster since I am sticking with the default 172 for training (that is in another thread.) I am in need of a good AirHauler Aircraft and I think this will fit the bill providied the FPS is acceptable. So, how are those pesky frames per second with the 208? For pc specs, see sidebar.

I would say that the Carenado 208 is neither better nor worse than most similar aircraft. Certainly I don't have any major issues with frame rate when flying it.

Just be aware that if you buy it, you are getting an FSX design that is a few years old now. It still looks really nice, but I find the virtual cockpit rather 'out of date' compared to more recent offerings from the likes of RealAir - the gauges are 2D bitmaps rather than the more current 3D needle-variety, not all the knobs are 3D, the click spots are really annoyingly tiny and often not where you would expect them and there is a lack of consistency about how things operate on the panel.

Having said all that, it is still a very flyable aircraft and, with the Berndt Stolle updated flight dynamics from the Carenado website, it flies pretty much as it should - a bit more lumbering than I expected, but it makes you think when you're trying to haul a load out of a narrow valley airstrip! It's not fast either - about 140 kts indicated at low level is the best I can achieve - but a great load hauler.

Hope that helps you decide :-)

SkipperMac

I would say that the Carenado 208 is neither better nor worse than most similar aircraft.

Compared to the default Caravan, how are the frames? I just don't want to be on the ILS into HQM and have a slideshow.

the gauges are 2D bitmaps rather than the more current 3D needle-variety, not all the knobs are 3D,

That's okay, it looks enough 3D for me. I really don't see any 2D stuff at all.

lack of consistency about how things operate on the panel.

What, specifically is inconsistent?

about 140 kts indicated at low level is the best I can achieve - but a great load hauler.

Hmm... haven't heard that anywhere else, but definitely something to consider.

Hope that helps you decide :-)

It most definitely has. Thanks for the helpful post!! :smile:

It's certainly heavier on frames than default, I would say mostly on par with the 337 Skymaster...default VC in the caravan is hideous, unsophisticated, and beyond outdated...lol.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It makes a good fit for Air hauler. Been using it for yrs and made millions off of it and really enjoy it. :) I have the FDE retro installed available @ Carenado.

It's certainly heavier on frames than default, I would say mostly on par with the 337 Skymaster

Well, I don't have that plane so how much fps does it knock off compared to default?

Thanks,

John