Sign in to follow this  
Signet42

Hole in the VC!

There is a hole in which you can see through to the ground below, It's located at bottom left corner of the lower display, the one which is between the 2 FMCs. Hope they can fix this, as it really ruins the immersion factor. Tried to upload an image but got the, you are not authorized to upload that type of file message.

Hi Signet42,

Welcome to Avsim and the PMDG Forum. Can you sign with your name as help is more personal then.

You sound like to be having memory issues as well as other config problems. I can list off several 'tweeks' for you to apply to your fsx.cfg file, but maybe easier for you to log into http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

This site, which is recommended by PMDG, will provide you with a optimised fsx.cfg file that may solve your problem.

In future, maybe more helpful if you also supplied details of your system, eg, Win7 64 bit? 8Gig memory, graphics card, if the 737NG has patches uploaded.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

No its not a memory issue, There is a small hole in the VC in the location I've stated. Look for yourself, while your moving, at the spot I've described and you'll see it quite clearly. On the left Fmc at the letter Y, there is a screw right next to it, look just below the screw as you are moving or going over lighter colored terrain and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Just for the record, PMDG have repaired many holes in their aircraft's VCs. There is still several present in the MD-11 but will probably never be revisited.

Look just below the screw, to the right of the Y and look while your moving. You also have to be centered in your seat.

Well heres what I've discovered. It's best to never change your seating locations in the CFG, because things like this can be found. I guess it just best to leave them as they were developed and you'll never have this issue.

Man....

I've been "sitting" in this flight deck for 2 years now and never discovered a hole.. ^_^

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Well heres what I've discovered. It's best to never change your seating locations in the CFG, because things like this can be found. I guess it just best to leave them as they were developed and you'll never have this issue.

If you have TrackIR, issues like this pop up a lot easier then they would with just panning with a POV hat switch or keyboard commands.