Sign in to follow this  
petrsurf

Failures set up

Hi I am having trouble with set up failures . I have set up per manual failures , but if I start flight and swich to cold and dark it always reset failures into zero . The only way to have failures set in Cdu is to save panel . However I have set 3 failures per 10 hours , but flew 5 hours with no failure at all . Am I missing something please ? Cheers Petr

Hi Petr,

I'd usually set up failures "after" loading the panel state.

As for 3 failures in 10 hours... that's random and in PMDG's court.

Maybe you'll get 3 failures in the last 3 hours?

Also remember that Emergency NGX does not model every possible failure available, so if you use random failures, you may get a failure that FS2Crew won't respond to.

Also remember that when the FO / PM announces a failure (he usually starts by announcing the 'Master Caution'), that his action is based on the associated light illuminating in the cockpit. The light is the trigger.

It's totally independent of anything you set in the FMC with respect to failures.

In short, FS2Crew determines if there's a failure by looking at the cockpit warning lights, not what's set in the FMC Failures menu (since we can't access that particular data).

Cheers,

Hi Bryan , I got it ,but when you have set failures in CDU ( let say in 4 hours 1 failure then save the panel) then you are flying 3 hours no failure happened just yet . So realy you should have one failure in next hour of flight right ? However if you start next new flight and reloud you save panel with already preset failures will this flight be counted as 3 hours already flown + whatever you are going to fly now ? or will it all be reset to zero hours flown as it is new flight ? Thanks Petr