Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Orbx England or VFR London X and City Airport?

I am based in England so it would be nice to get some scenery for it. I already have UK2000 EGKK and EGLL. Which one gives the best detail for London?

Not a "detail"(led) answer but:

FTX England gives you a greater region plus lots of upgraded airports, big ones and smaller ones, apart from your EGKK and EGLL addons. (Insert FTX in your scenery library below your addon airports by means of the insertion point tool in FTX Central, in order to make your 2 airports show instead of the ORBX-brushed-up ones.)

EGLC will most likely be more detailled in VFR London, though ...

Those are very different products and do completely different things. The Aerosoft VFR London will give a very detailed London but the area only covers pretty much the city centre. It is also a little out of date as the product is a few years old, so don't expect Olympic parks or the Shard in London, though I think there are some user made objects at least for the shard.

Orb-X England on the other hand covers the whole of the mainland England. There are many opinions on the product, but my view of it is that it gives quite a nice likeness to make England feel like England, but it is not completely accurate in that you could find all the land marks etc that you might want. In my opinion London is one of the weaker points of the product and it really shines when you take off from Gatwick for example and see the green fields and countryside below you.

Hope this helps a little!

I must say I'm more than happy with ORBX England and the improved airports are pretty good too, but you're trying to compare two different kinds of product. What you probably need to do is ask for screenshots of the ORBX improved LCY; it won't be as good as the Aerosoft one, but considering what else comes with ORBX Eng, it might be good enough.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Difficult to say what the FTX Global will look like with say default landclass in UK, but I'm sure there will be a benefit from having the England scenery. Global will only have generic textures shared for the whole world, while the Enland area will have more carefully selected textures, mesh, landclass and manually placed autogen and other objects.

And while the extended FTX Global promises improvements to landclass, airports etc, I doubt they will do that for areas already covered by the Orb-X regions such as Enland.

Incidentally, if it is London City airport you want, I would stick with UK2000 rather than either OrbX or Aerosoft versions, although of course you do get the whole city with Aerosoft which is nice but hard for your frame rate.

Go for UK2000 London City and run it higher than ORBX. I still find ORBX England a bit difficult FPS wise around the big cities, and I have a new high end rig with all the tweaks. Something to consider.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Go for UK2000 London City and run it higher than ORBX. I still find ORBX England a bit difficult FPS wise around the big cities, and I have a new high end rig with all the tweaks. Something to consider.

Lee

This is exactly the combo I use and like a lot ...

FTX Global is worth considering, too. But be aware, that it's, say, only 30% of what today's ORBX regions feature.

On my pc :

- GenX photoscenery

- TreeScapes

- AS London VFR

- Airports from UK2000

- Airport Luton from Eiresim

- several freeware UK city scenery

Perfect for Both VFR and IFR flying

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0