Sign in to follow this  
jesusgikam

CTD with version 2 upon selecting descent checklist

I was flying a normal flight after updating to version 2 and I got CTD immediately after selecting descent checklist. I have never had any problems with FS2 Crew and this aircraft until today.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Windows Error Reporting
Date:          3/22/2013 7:35:11 PM
Event ID:      1001
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      -PC
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FS9.exe
P2: 9.1.0.40901
P3: 4135a208
P4: FS2AUDIO.dll
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 4bb01ad3
P7: c0000005
P8: 0004400c
P9:
P10:

I'm gonna try the flight again and see what happens............

Hi

Just check back here. The airport was KSFO, and I also have since had this happen flying from KMDW to KBUF, but I have also made many successful flights. I'll update and report any probs. If no report then no probs.

Thanks

Keith M

If you've made successful flights, then the problem is probably not FS2Crew related.

Most CTDs from experience come from complex 3rd party scenery that eat up huge amounts of system resources.

Try moving your sliders a tad to the right.

Cheers,

Hi

I have been able to replicate this CTD.

I have complex scenery on one of my flights and standard on the other.

I get the crash going into default scenery if I select the descent checklist too early somewhere in the region of 80nm before TOD.  If I select descent checklist within 20 nm of TOD no issues.  Altitudes for both airports are less than 1000.

Submitted for your info only..

Davy C

Bryan

I have over 100 flights now with FS2 Crew and this has happened on 3 occasions.  But on the second I had hit the main button early by mistake.  So I did it deliberately the next time and got the same result.

I used 2 different airports so far.  I will carry out more tests today. and let you know.

DC

I have over 100 flights now with FS2 Crew and this has happened on 3 occasions.  But on the second I had hit the main button early by mistake.  So I did it deliberately the next time and got the same result.

I used 2 different airports so far.  I will carry out more tests today. and let you know.

If it's only 3 out of over 100, I'm inclined to say it's corrupt nav data rather than when you hit the secondary button.

When you hit the secondary button should make no difference.

But corrupt nav data could generate a CTD easily.

Recently got back to flightsimming after 6 months off from flying for my VA. Since then I have completed about 40 flights using fully updated FS2C. However today I attempted my first flight into Denver KDEN from KSFO and upon selecting descent checklist at 39000 feet just prior to descent I got the same crash as in my first post. I am using RC4, GEPro, Flightbeam KSFO, Imaginesim KDEN, FS Global Real Weather 1.7, FS Commander, all along with FS2C. My navdata is Airac 1402 and FMC was fully programmed. I realize that the problem is rare and that it may be caused by something other than FS2C but I want to report it here anyway just in case someone else experiences this CTD.

Also, I just attempted the exact flight again skipping the descent checklist and the flight was successful.

Thanks

Keith M