Sign in to follow this  
ikarus71

SDK Error with PMDG NGX 600/700 expansion package

But flying enroute (everything worked up through take-off and climb-out, next menu item, Descent, was cued up), panel was hidden, and then I open it and get the SDK error.

Are you re-loading the flight while en-route? Ie., saving the flight, then re-loading it.

Or doing something non-standard?

Closing the panel and re-opening it should have no effect on anything.

Also see this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409122-pmdg-advice-on-loading-the-737-ngx-into-fsx/

Cheers,

I was flying KFLL to KDFW, and paused, then saved the flight at about the halfway point. I then ended the flight and exited FSX. The next day, I loaded FSX (w/ the trike/Friday Harbor init screen). I then changed to KFLL and the 737 and everything loaded fine - 2D cockpit at the gate (I thought). Once the countdown timer finished, I went to the Load menu and loaded the saved flight. After making sure I was flying okay and that all the controls were working, I tried opening FS2Crew and got the SDK error. From that point on, nothing FS2C worked, and I continued the flight without it.

Since then, I have again reloaded the latest 737 SP1c, which also destroys my 737 livery and wipes out the FS2Crew app. I have checked every suggestion posted up here, including the [sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1 in the options.ini file.  I then re-installed FS2Crew, and so far, it seems to be working. But I have been through this over and over, and cannot understand why, for no apparent reason, this SDK error decides to creep in.

I'm going to try this again, and I'll check that link you included. I hope this can be solved, because I like the FS2Crew system, and wanted to go to the voice mode. But if I can't trust it to keep working, it's no use to me.

Addendum: I am very aware of the PMDG adminition about how to load the 737. My FSX always launches with the Trike, Friday Harbor, User-defined weather, and the system time and date. FSX is also set to load ANY aircraft with the 2-D panel first. My personal method is to open FSX this way, then choose the airport and aircraft, and then click on the Fly Now button. I don't know what else I can do here. It's getting exasperating.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was flying KFLL to KDFW, and paused, then saved the flight at about the halfway point. I then ended the flight and exited FSX. The next day, I loaded FSX (w/ the trike/Friday Harbor init screen). I then changed to KFLL and the 737 and everything loaded fine - 2D cockpit at the gate (I thought). Once the countdown timer finished, I went to the Load menu and loaded the saved flight. After making sure I was flying okay and that all the controls were working, I tried opening FS2Crew and got the SDK error. From that point on, nothing FS2C worked, and I continued the flight without it.

Since then, I have again reloaded the latest 737 SP1c, which also destroys my 737 livery and wipes out the FS2Crew app. I have checked every suggestion posted up here, including the [sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1 in the options.ini file.  I then re-installed FS2Crew, and so far, it seems to be working. But I have been through this over and over, and cannot understand why, for no apparent reason, this SDK error decides to creep in.

I'm going to try this again, and I'll check that link you included. I hope this can be solved, because I like the FS2Crew system, and wanted to go to the voice mode. But if I can't trust it to keep working, it's no use to me.

Addendum: I am very aware of the PMDG adminition about how to load the 737. My FSX always launches with the Trike, Friday Harbor, User-defined weather, and the system time and date. FSX is also set to load ANY aircraft with the 2-D panel first. My personal method is to open FSX this way, then choose the airport and aircraft, and then click on the Fly Now button. I don't know what else I can do here. It's getting exasperating.

The problem is you 'saved' the flight and re-loaded it.

The SDK uses Simconnect, and Simconnect can be finicky.

Even the all all mighty Pete Dowson has commented on it.  He has also observed that the the PMDG SDK seems to load on alternative attempts, as have I.

So if you want to use 'saved' flights, try this:

1. Load the saved flight.

2. If you get the SDK error, "re-load" the saved flight a 2nd time.  

On a side note, personally I don't recommend using saved flights; historically, they've never really played well with high end 3rd party planes in the Flight Simulator series.

Best,

Well, I'm not much on using saved flights, either. But on that rare occasion when I start a flight and bed-time beckons, I'll "pause" the flight, save it, and resume it the next day. I usually don't fly anything over a 4-hour flight, anyway, but when you're married, and the boss beckons...

I have everything working right now, and I'll be flying with the system again in the next few days, so I'll give you a note if the problem re-occurs. Honestly, I want this to work, and I'll keep trying. But I usually don't have repetitive problems with this stuff. I'm a glutton for add-ons, and right now, I am running REX Essentials for textures and weather, MegaScenery Earth for Florida and Pennsylvania, FSDT FLL and DFW airports, GSX, A2A's Accu-Feel, EZDok, and of course FS2Crew now. So far, I have left REX out of the start-up until I get the FS2Crew working.

I promise I won't complain anymore about saved flights - if I have to save one, I'll try your suggested trick but won't expect miracles. For all other flights, I hope this will start working reliably, so I can go to the Voice mode and get a little more realistic. Again, thanks for the help.

-= Gary Barth =-

Well, my FS2Crew is hosed once again. I installed the 600-700 series NGX today, and after I loaded one of the default new planes, the FS2Crew SDK Error popped up. I immediately checked the 737NGX_Options.ini file and found the [sDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1 missing (did that happen when I installed the new NGX?). So I added it, dumped FSX and re-started it, and re-loaded the former 900-series NGX that worked before. No dice. FS2Crew will not initialize.

Everything worked until I installed the new NGX files. What now?

-= Gary Barth =-

That's what I did - un-install & re-install, and it seems to be working now. Why is this app so sensitive? I hate to think I have to do this every time I install a new livery or something.

Oh, well...

Thanks!

-= Gary Barth =-

Glad you got it sorted.

I suspect when you re-added the "enable sdk" line, you may have done it wrong possibly.

Generally, unless the livery starts overwriting the options ini by mistake, you shouldn't need to re-install FS2Crew.

Cheers,

Hi,

From the on-line manual:

Problem:  The FO is acting strange and I'm getting an audio "SDK Warning" alert when I open the FS2Crew Main Panel.  For example, the beacon was on, yet during the checklist he said "Are you sure"? during the beacon challenge.

Solution:

1. You need to ensure you have installed SP1C or later.  SP1B is not sufficient.  SP1C is currently available via the PMDG Support Forum only.  Re-install it if in doubt.
  2. The PMDG NGX uses Simconnect for their SDK.  The SDK allows other programs to interface with the NGX.  Simconnect can sometimes be a bit funky.  If the NGX is not loaded properly, the SDK will not connect properly.
  3. In some cases, certain 3rd party NGX liveries can interfere with the SDK.
  4. Open the file below with Notepad.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\
737NGX_Options.ini

Add these two lines if they are not present in that file:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

Note:  IF YOU'VE INSTALLED FSX INTO THE DEFAULT 'PROGRAM FILES' FOLDER, WINDOWS WILL OFTEN 
BLOCK OTHER PROGRAMS, LIKE FS2CREW, FROM WRITING TO FILES LOCATED IN PROGRAM FILES
.  THIS IS WHY IT'S ALWAYS RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL FSX INTO A LOCATION OTHER THAN THE DEFAULT ''PROGRAM FILES' FOLDER TO AVOID THESE KINDS OF 'WRITE' PROBLEMS.

5. Ensure the default Trike is the default aircraft visible in the FSX 'Free Flight' menu, not another aircraft.

trike.png

6. You need to ensure that the NGX loads by default into the 
2D cockpit
, never the VC, via the FSX setting shown below here:

2d.JPG

Hi All,

Don't know if anybody else has experienced these issues but this thread is gold. I updated yesterday and struggled through most of the day to fix this issue.  I have followed BYork's advice and fixed it! Few pointers I feel I must stress:

1.  Check the 737NGX_Options.ini everytime you make changes to your NGX set-up (updates from PMDG and Fs2Crew)!

2.  Be careful not to make ANY spelling and/or capitalization errors when you add the required lines;

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

I cannot stress this enough! Any mistakes and it will not work!!!

3.  Ensure any default aircraft in the Free Flight screen (you don't have to load this first - do not have any a/c saved flights as the default flight in this window).

4.  The other steps in the quote are worth checking but most simmers should be set-up like that already!

Enough said!

Thanks for all the wonderful advice and help developers and fellow simmers post!

Happy flying!

Don Dormehl