Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulkan

Fatal crash landings

This has now happened to me twice. I am all set to land, gear down, flaps down, airspeed stable at VREF. I am approaching the runway and everything seems nice, then suddenly at about 100-200 feet AGL, the airplane rolls heavy to the left and banks into the ground. On both occasions I have had crash detection off so I have just ignored the crash and pushed TOGA do do a full Go around, and on my second approach I have landed safely.

I have been logging over 400 hours with the NGX and this has just happend on my last two flights. The first crash was at EGLL and I was flying manual. The second crash was at LSZH and I was doing an autoland. I am using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System with throttles and rudders. But I have been using those for quite some time without any issues at all. I am also using Active Sky 2012 SP2 Beta. But I have been using that with other planes without this issue.

Anyone else that has encoutered any similar problem?

Happened to me as well.

The reason? You have wake turbolence active in AS2012.

I can bet there was a plane next to you waiitng to enter the runway or just landed few seconds before yours.

Try to disable wake turbolence, it shouldn't happen again.

Cheers,

Yes, i own aerosoft LSZH and have seen the same thing happen there on the NGX.

Just before touchdown the plane banks very heavily into the ground.

Could also be AS which i was using at the time.

I'm now using opus and landed there fine yesterday.

I'm not sure whether it is related to the weather or the scenery as it only happened to me there.

Happened to me as well.

The reason? You have wake turbolence active in AS2012.

I can bet there was a plane next to you waiitng to enter the runway or just landed few seconds before yours.

Try to disable wake turbolence, it shouldn't happen again.

Agreed. After a 4 hour flight, I had the plane roll like an F-16 about 75 AGL. Turned wake turbulence off and never had it happen again.

Dave Wegner

- Don't be afraid of common sense or the search function.

Thanks guys! So all I have to do is to move the wake turbulence slider to zero?

The same thing has also happened to me on approach to EGKK on vatsim. There was some other A/c waiting for me to land at the holding point. However I managed to give proper correction and landed safely. After some long flights online, it gets very frustrating when something like this happens right at the end and during the most enjoyable part of the flight.

Since the NGX is a high fidelity A/C wake turbulence and similar things affect it severely.

As a fellow flight simmer all i can say is , fly with crash detection on , and also be alert on the approach phase. Airline pilots dont get paid fat salaries for doing nothing lol :)

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,525.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now