Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

ATC won't cancel touch and go

When I do a touch and go, ATC thinks I want to keep doing the touch and go at the same airport and keeps clearing me for another one. I can't get ATC to let me go to another airport. I know there add-on ATC programs better than the FSX one, but has anyone found a way to get the FSX ATC out of the touch-and-go loop?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I've never tried VoxATC but, as far as I know, it's the only one that handles VFR.  There's a free demo on their website.  ProATC says they're working on it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

loop,

As you climb out on upwind after your T&G, you should have an ATC option to cancel your landing intentions. That will do it.

Thanks for the replies. I tried VOX ATC a few years back and decided then that it wasn't worth the investment for the few hours I spent at the sim. I may give it a try again.

Some times I will get the option to cancel landing intentions which lets me out of the T and G loop. Other times I can't get it to appear. Thought maybe there was some key stroke combination that could make it appear. Example: take off at KDVT and fly to KGEU for a T and G. After requesting ATC clearance and making the T and G, the option to cancel doesn't come back up.

When on T & G's at the bottom of the ATC box is an option to go 'Back' - select this then either go for 'full stop landing' and land at that airport or 'cancel landing intentions'.

loop,

You just have to wait a bit and it will come up. I just flew your trip from KDVT to KGEU and performed the T&G at Glendale. As I climbed out on upwind after the T&G, I had a single option to "Request Full Stop Landing"...

but as I started turning crosswind, the ATC window changed and I now had four options, including "Cancel Landing Intentions":

Back at KDVT, I got a landing clearance (plus a go-around) from the Deer Valley tower.

srburger,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try.

srburger,

Once again, thanks. The problem was the way I was flying. When leaving Glendale on runway 1, I would fly straight out. Since I never turned crosswind, I never got the "cancel" message. When I tried it your way, worked fine.