Sign in to follow this  

just bought pmdg737 ngx

good evening.

i have just purchased 737 ngx running on fsx

i promise i have looked at FAQ and several topics before posting these ??

everytime i set sound levels on the FMC its fine then the next when i go back in i have do it all over again

how do you save settings?

also

i do not hear the 80 v1 call outs only call out when landing

how do i activate this?

final question

i have a saitek multi panel for auto pilot

when i change setting the digits move and show on aircraft but the digits on multi panel stay at 00000

i have spad programme loaded and also fscuip

thank you

sorry for annoying anyone who has seen these ?? before

paul ewing

good evening.

i have just purchased 737 ngx running on fsx

i promise i have looked at FAQ and several topics before posting these ??

everytime i set sound levels on the FMC its fine then the next when i go back in i have do it all over again

how do you save settings?

Settings made in the FMC should save automatically, but only for this aircraft in particular ie for this Reg number.

also

i do not hear the 80 v1 call outs only call out when landing

how do i activate this?

Check in the FMC settings  SIMULATION Page 3 that the ones you want are turned ON.

final question

i have a saitek multi panel for auto pilot

when i change setting the digits move and show on aircraft but the digits on multi panel stay at 00000

i have spad programme loaded and also fscuip

AddOn Hardware setup with the NGX can be a bit problematic. There is a NGX SDK that 'should' allow you to do what you want, and people have now made most hardware work as desired with the NGX. I have some Open Cockpits hardware that works well with the NGX using software developed by Roarkr that can be found on this forum. Search also for the 'LINDA' software that may be relevant to your needs.

thank you

sorry for annoying anyone who has seen these ?? before

paul ewing

Hope I've been of some help.

Cheers

John

Crank pin thank you for all your help 

unfortunately the settings don't save I go into the same aircraft each time 

All call outs are on yes and my sound card is also selected I hear everything except the sounds mentioned earlier 

I have never heard of Linda before I will certainly check this out 

Paul ewing 

The saving problem is probably due to your fsx location(UAC) or your fsx folders being write only.

Rough guess

If you installed your fsx in the program files folder, try right clicking fsx, select run as administrator and try again.

For technical support from pmdg I suggest you use their website to create an ticket

Brgrds

Also check that you have the correct speakers selected in the Sound Option in the FMC. Certain callouts do not work for me if I have Digital output selected.

thank you tony747 i have just tried this and still no call out 80 v1 v2 etc and they are are all highlighted as yes

maybe there is a way a way of (excuse me) turning on the FO which i have not done????

Hi 37357,

I also have Spad for my Saitek panals and it dose work with the NGX but only for that plane and the Saitek panals. I have found when I start FSX and the splash screen is up, then that is when I load Spad. The panals then will initiate and then go blank. Make sure you have the NGX selected and then "Click "fly now" and when the NGX loads in the panals will give you same readings as the gauges have. You then will be able to change them at will. I am in hopes this will help with the "0000" displays on your panals.

Les H :hi:

There are 2 places within the FMC for turning on call outs.There's an option in the simulation page where you can turn on the F/O call out, then in the Equipment page I believe where you can choose the automated voice. Maybe having both switched on causes a problem. Do you get the callouts for Bank Angle or Terrain etc or any of the GPWS callouts?

747 thank you...i have followed what you have said and still no 1st officer 80 v1 v2 etc  

i get the callouts on landing 1000 500 etc 50 40 30 10

do i have to buy 1st officer software ?

i really dont get why im not getting the take off calls

Have you set Your "v" reference speed in your FMC. If your not properly setup for a flight it won't call out v speeds.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

(stephen) i think you got it!!!!!

i havent been using it for flight programming just been practising glasgow my nearest airport take off and landings

Hi 37357,

I also have Spad for my Saitek panals and it dose work with the NGX but only for that plane and the Saitek panals. I have found when I start FSX and the splash screen is up, then that is when I load Spad. The panals then will initiate and then go blank. Make sure you have the NGX selected and then "Click "fly now" and when the NGX loads in the panals will give you same readings as the gauges have. You then will be able to change them at will. I am in hopes this will help with the "0000" displays on your panals.

Les H :hi:

thank you maverick i will check this out  :)

Yeah that's the issue then. Glad to help.

If your just getting a feel for the aircraft I also recommend setting 1/3 fuel. It gets the aircraft off the ground much quicker and you don't have to worry about trim settings.

But try to get into using the FMC it's a real treat to have it all working together

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10