Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Gear not Raising - Button Version

Hi Bryan,

After some vigorous testing, I have discovered an issue with the button version of Emergency NGX,  After PNF calls "Positive Rate", I select "Gear Up: (Have a button assigned to yoke" to respond to FS2Crew commands) and the gear remains lowered, with no means to raise it, Not even with the "G" key via keyboard.I have 2 green, and 2 red lights on gear indicator, I have to abort the flight. I am running version 2.2E. This happens on all 700 and 800 type NG.

Some of the things I have done to try and solve the issue before asking for help is:

1: Reinstalling the NGX (SP2)

2: Re installing FS2Crew version 1.6 ( Do not have the gear issue)

3: Re installing Emergency NGX

4: Ensured no failures are enabled via CDU

5: Checked Hyd level and pressure before take off, all at req levels and within limits.

All re-installs are as Admin, UAC is OFF, has been for years.

FSX is inststalled in D:FSX not proggy files x86

I have tried flying with weather addon enabled (Opus) and AS2012, also no weather. Have also tried without using anything via simconnect like UT2, EFB etc.

So to sum up, FS2Crew works fine, but not Emergency NGX.

Any help, as always is much appreciated.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ahem..cough cough, anybody home :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Bryan,

You posted on this forum yesterday, but ignored my post. Just an acknowledgment that you will get back to me, or you will look into it would be nice.

I don't expect instant replies  but it is coming up 36 hours since I posted.

Hi Julian,

I'm sorry I missed your post. 

The FS2Crew forum is so huge it's easy to miss the occasional post.

If I ever miss a post, just PM me.

As for your gear issue:  I'm not sure.  Haven't had it reported before.

So you can even raise the gear manually?

Are you sure all failures are cleared?

Hi Bryan,

Sorry to sound grumpy, the fault has been really frustrating. Have double checked and even triple checked that no failures are enabled. Have even deleted option ini files for selected liveries. Hydraulics show normal operation.

But as I stated in my OP, FS2Crew 1.6 works fine.

For example, ANZ 737-700 repaint by John O'Duffy, depart NZAA, not able to raise gear. Cannot raise manually either. This has me stumped.

Also of note, the yaw on VR is rather aggressive, and is only like that when I have ENGX installed. That is even with weather disabled.

I am re- downloading ENGX, and see if a fresh copy will help. If you hadn't done such a good job with the added voices, I wouldn't worry about it. :lol:

Also of note, the yaw on VR is rather aggressive, and is only like that when I have ENGX installed. That is even with weather disabled.

FS2Crew doesn't touch flight dynamics at all.

Regarding your gear issue, I'd re-install the PMDG NGX as well.

Regarding your gear issue, I'd re-install the PMDG NGX as well.

Did that. just before I posted

Not even with the "G" key via keyboard.

If you can't even raise the gear via the G key, then there's something wrong with your NGX....

Or...

Are you using an external hardware that attempts to control the gear?

Sometimes external hardware can send signals that override inputs from FSX.

Gear not mapped to hardware. Have downloaded a new copy of ENGX, and testing now, first with the -800 then -700. So far 2 flights using the -800 have been trouble free. Fingers crossed.