Sign in to follow this  
Guest prichards

Captain Sim 707 released!

I'm pretty happy with the CS707. Overall, I would say that it is almost as good as the PMDG aircraft I have. The only time I noticed the problem with the soundset was when I was doing a pushback from the gate and the pilot mentioned the three engines - big deal, this doesn't affect my overall satisfation. As for the issue with the gauges, they are small, but I am able to read the navigational instruments without any problem, so I think this may depend on your screen resolution. The engine instruments are more difficult to read, but I think that is the trade off for having to fit so many instruments into one space.The visual model and flight model are excellent, and I think that even if there are a few small issues with the plane, then it is not unusual for the developer to provide a patch. We would all like to see it released perfect the first time, but something always gets by the beta team. This is the same with every other developer I know of. Even PMDG had to release a patch.- Martin

Well, I have not a 3D holographic display. So I cannot realy simulate VC at a 2D monitor. I had only money to buy a 15" TFT as a second monitor, goes with a 17" CRT as the primary. I have them together with nview in a horizontal pan, so I cannot use my stereo3D glasses here. As I understand, TrackIR senses the little mivements of your head, if you have this reflector somehwere at your head like at glasses or alike. But you still cannot pan your head around like in real live a pilot has to do, right? So what do you do? TrackIR, stereo3D glasses when you have just ONE CRT monitor... but I cannot use it like you do and pretend I could enjoy 3D VC at a 2D simulator hardware - that's what it still is!If I ever have a lot of money, I would go for buying a VR Helmet for about 1000 to 3000

Guest HepburnUGA

I haven't used a 2d panel in probably close to a year, so I would have to disagree that they are a waste. In fact, I won't buy an otherwise good aircraft if the VC looks poor.

i've asked this question in a few forums but as yet do not have an answer, does this plane have a virtual cabin like the PMDG planes and even may of the recently released freeware planes such as the tu 114? if it does how good is it? if not i'll give it a miss as i allready have a 707 without a V/cabin and this nice wing view:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92922.jpg

Guest prichards

I hate VC views. will never use it unless forced too with no choice. I will not buy an addon without a 2D panel.

Guest ogeva

Market dcision: "let's give'em an unreliable product, and get the big bucks now!"Does this makes it Legit?What about documentation? Do you think having a manual with no referance to fuel management in an aircraft that has 7 fuel tanks isn't laziness? Or is it just ignorace? Or maybe it's just a softcore product? Oren Geva