Sign in to follow this  
tanker

Majestic Dash 8 Altitude

<p>StackHash_2264 is an internal win 7 item common to many applications. The c0005 error refers to the fact that that module was trying to access system protected memory allocation.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I looked at you hardware profile and you have plentry of installed ram.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Now, FSX is a 32 bit application and only gets 2  GB of ram including any dlls, etc, it calls unless it has been modified to use 3  GB. It could be that the number of dlls running is overloading the 2 GB space.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If this error is intermittent I'd back off slightly your OC CPU frequency. I'd also keep an eye on the CPU and case temperatures.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>FSX and FS9 do most of their 3D rendering in the CPU, not GPU. However it has been demonstrated that Win 7 (at least 64) has a trick up its sleeve. It is thought that any complex math calls to the main CPU may be trapped and passed to the much more efficient dedicated GPU (your graphics card) if it is available. Still with GEX, UTX, and I think you mentioned AS 2012, plus any complex aircraft model, there is quite a bit of graphics work going on.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I do not recall the limits but certain resources such as a commit charge and user system resources space have much lower limits however I do not think that is your immediate problem.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you have any .net runtime modules loaded as required by your apps make sure they are current. MS update should check those.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>You might search the hardware forum here for similar problems.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This thread might be applicable in dealing with NVidea driver issues:</p>

<p><a href="http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393131-nvidia-driver-version-31070-is-out/?hl=stackhash_2264#entry2537759">http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393131-nvidia-driver-version-31070-is-out/?hl=stackhash_2264#entry2537759</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p>in particular:</p>

<p> </p>

<p>"i must report my first 4-5 consecutive fsx crashes after i instaled this driver, <span>StackHash_2264</span> crash - i know this can happen becouse of drivers. I reverted back to 310.61 which is the best driver so far for my system, and fsx is stable again.<br />

So, i though it's good ideea to report this"</p>

<p> </p>

<p>and this:</p>

<p>http://forum.avsim.net/topic/403700-fsx-crashing-mid-flight/?hl=stackhash_2264</p>

<p> </p>

I apologize for the formatting in this response but it an intermittent forum bug with me.

A last followup. I resolved my app crash problem by making an adjustment to the CPU voltage. It is now stable under load for as long as 24 hours or better. (Great support by Digital Storm)

Majestic's sp1 update seems to have cured the altitude problem between RC4 and the Dash 8-400. I've done a half dozen flights since the update without problem. Now if I could only learn to land it smoothly!

Dale