Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

O.K. it's grown on me now...

I have updated American's 777's, 737's, 757's, 767, and American Eagle ERJ's in FS9 and I must say the new livery has grown on me.  Seeing airports populated with this livery in FS looks good now if that makes since.  It looks modern, works well on newer aircraft, and has a loosely modeled flag on the tail.  I hated the livery at first but it looks nice now for some reason. I can see where the attempt was made to keep much of the old (Eagle, Bare Metal essence, and fuselage stripe which is now all on the tail) the exception being the AA logo.  The livery looks nice for some reason now.  I hate when things have to grow on you versus hitting you right when you first see it but when you compare what other nation airlines have done with loosely representations of their flag on the tail, American doesn't look half bad.  Seeing the livery on the ramp with other carriers is not an eye sore either. Ooh, well...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've been in flightsim burnout mode for the better part of this year to date, but I'm starting to dip my toes back into FSX a little by little.  I am usually a stickler for keeping my AI liveries up to date, and I have some work to do now that AAL has rolled out the new livery.  I intend to do some research first to find out which reg numbers have already been repainted (I know the new to the airline 777-300 is only in the new livery, which makes total sense), call it OCD, but I want things to be as real as they can get.   But I agree, as with most things, whether it's a new livery or a new car design, new design elements that were once off putting or an abrupt change tend to grow on you with time.   Like United's new hybrid Continental livery, now when I see the old blue tulip livery on some of the fleet, they look out of place.   And I positively love the latest Delta livery (my favorite livery of all time), but when it first debuted, it didn't appeal to me right away.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new look.  I still prefer their older 80's to early 90's bare metal livery.  I didn't like the grey they added on the tail later on.  Only time will tell if the new livery will grow on me.

I've been in flightsim burnout mode for the better part of this year to date, but I'm starting to dip my toes back into FSX a little by little.

Your toes are going to get burnt fooling with FSX!  You have been warned by the "Order of the FS2004 Forum".

Why not create a "scrapyard" - just an afcad with a row of parkings somwhere in a remote area - with some AI planes wearing the venerable and beloved old liveries?

You mates from the US could do that somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico, while I prefer these areas, where Russian or Kazakh airports fade into the Taiga or Steppe and I can place a Tu-134 or Il-86 under the woods...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg