Sign in to follow this  
b77200virtual

How Did He Do It ?

No AI road traffic helps A LOT!  Maybe just with a lot of tweaking... no clue what his other settings are.  Autogen doesn't look that dense otherwise there would be more night lights from UTX

But with a modern cpu like 3570K etc overclocked to 4+ GHz you can easily do very well at NYC with addons.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Easy, he is using FSRecorder. Even on low end machines you can get smooth videos with render video option in FSRecorder.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Many FS videos on YouTube are also recorded at half speed in the sim to allow the scenery to fully load and look its best, and then speeded up in post production.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Like the others said, just because the video is smooth doesn't mean that his FSX is. :wink:

Many FS videos on YouTube are also recorded at half speed in the sim to allow the scenery to fully load and look its best, and then speeded up in post production.

Never knew that.. interesting

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The magic of post production.

I do not always believe what I see in a video.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I agree to the previous replies in this thread, I used to make videos back in 2009 for FSX on youtube featuring add on scenery and all the goodies and I know what it takes to make it work.

What people have to realize is that for every different scene people make they will always tweak the settings for the best frames at that point. In combination with good camera angles, FS Recorder and some video polish in Sony Vegas (or any other professional video editing software) you can make things look VERY realistic. Also adding smooth camera movement on top of the actual recording (to make it look like a handheld camera can make it look a lot smoother than it actually is.

When I'm playing FSX for fun (not set up for doing any scenes) I tend to lower my settings a tad. What I've found out is that the auto-gen scenery was the thing really messing it up for me which made me put that slider down to zero (because I honestly dont care if there are some bad looking trees or misplaced buildings all over the place), also putting the game in windowed mode helped me a lot.

Also, many people are using cracked software, especially scenery, which can slow down the system a lot without the proper patches. The same thing goes with add on aircraft, some will run perfectly on a tweaked .cfg some will run terribly and needs re-tweaking.

This simulator is just a clusterf*ck of poor optimization and user-modding, tweaking everything, etc.

Oh did I forget to mention, my FSX always crashes when I try to shut it down! But I'm happy thats my only problem on my current .cfg tweak.