Sign in to follow this  

copyright question

HiI'm doing a gauge and asked if somenone knew where I can find a FMC photo or bitmap. A friend told me that I can find what I'm looking for in a programa called EFIS98. After asking for the license and reviewing it seems that the entreprise no longer exists (at least couldn't found any current info). Is it legal to use the bitmaps? Does a copyright ceases to exist if the enterprise disapears?ThanksJos

"Does a copyright ceases to exist if the enterprise disapears?"No. Enforcement of the copyright may be a different matter, but I believe a set term has to elapse before copyrighted work becomes part of the "public domain". General rule--if you have no proof of permission, don't use the work.-John

Guest Brent Hebert

It looks like Jose will be an old man before the copywrite expires. :-lolBy that time FS2130 will be on the market. Tom, Can I pre-order at the Avsim Store?Brent HebertMEMBERhttp://www.cox-internet.com/bhebert/aopa.jpg

"Can I pre-order at the Avsim Store?"You sure can, but use a blank check. Not sure what inflation will do to the price that far out. :)

It seems I will keep looking for something. Sometimes it's hard to produce anything even if it is freeware. :-( BestJos

And that's if the estate of the copyright holder doesn't claim the copyright for themselves in which case it will extend even further I believe.