Sign in to follow this  
debonair

PMDG 747 400 FMC LNAV

When input the next waypoint in the FMC after flying vectors it is accepted and executed, but the solid track in ND only appears after that waypoint. No track is indicated to the waypoint and LNAV will not track. If I arrive at the waypoint using the Heading Select and am on the solid track as per the ND it still will not track the course when LNAV is selected?  If I fly the same flight with the 737 NGX there is no problem at all. The flight is the Loop 6 departure from KLAX where you fly outbound to the 15 DME from LAX and then turn left and climb to 10,000A over LAX.  LAX is the waypoint I input and execute.

LAX is the waypoint I input and execute.

By "input" do you mean you're typing it in and placing it at the beginning of your route, or that you're clicking on the LAX waypoint with the line select key, and then clicking the first line select key to place it at the top?

Kyle Rodgers

I click on the LAX waypoint with the line select key, and then click the first line select key to place it at the top. When I do that it works in the 737, no problem. It shows the solid line to LAX.   However, with the 747 I receive an error message and it will not accept the change, so I click the LAX waypoint twice and get a discontinuity box under the LAX and I fill it in with the following waypoint COOP and execute.  It will then read LAX, COOP, etc and solid line will appear from LAX on but nothing to LAX, the first waypoint in the flight. I don't know why it will not accept LAX.

If the 737 will do it, then the nav data should be written correctly...hmm.

I'll try it out when I get home and see what I can come up with.

Kyle Rodgers

Here are some screenshots. The last one I tried going direct COOP and as you can see the solid line starts at COOP?

Problem solved. I needed to line select LAX and place it in over the vectors in L1.  It works fine now. See screenshot.

I needed to line select LAX and place it in over the vectors in L1.

Yep - that's what I was attempting to explain.  Must not have been clear enough.

Glad you got it.

Kyle Rodgers