Sign in to follow this  
Von Rondstadd

Rattling sound just after takeoff missing ?

The rattling is far louder in real life than in the sim, coming from experience. It's not a huge deal to me, but it would be nice for it to be a bit louder and with a little more bass for my Buttkicker :)

Only a real 737 pilot can give the awnser I suppose.

Ah, that's my cue :D

For some reason I can see a movie link in the first post. However, I presume you are all discussing the noise the nose wheel makes when it contacts the snubbers (to stop rotation) upon retraction. This noise is normally a roaring-whining sound (high to lower pitch as the wheel speed reduces), but can become very loud and serrated roar with vibration if the nose wheel starts to shimmy and especially with double derated takeoffs on hot/high days with rotations speeds approaching 170kts!

Anyway, this is somewhat common and not specifically abnormal, some aircraft do this and some don't. I have always assumed depending on the wear of the tyres amongst other things.

Pretty sure its the same sound as you hear in this video right after v1 and some 20 secs forward

/watch?v=ZJvRV8_RpzU

Cannot post full links.. Guess thats why his video is gone.. Well just add youtube.com

OPS video = /watch?v=uGxRJ6b7KL8

Where is the movie for me to hear this sound ?

Hi Steve,

Send you a PM.

Where is the movie for me to hear this sound ?

I think they removed it, don't know why.

Can not get the link in here anymore!

So look on YouTube: search under Air Austral (its the third one from the top!)

Air Austral B737-800 - Cockpit Video - Flightdeck Action - Flights In The Cockpit

Move movie forward to point 04.17 and also 10.04 to hear the sound just after rotate!

Robert

Pretty sure its the same sound as you hear in this video right after v1 and some 20 secs forward

Yes it's the same!

That's just wheel shimmy - a lateral oscillation of the nose wheels as the nose wheel leaves the ground. Some aircraft do it, some don't and some more than others.

The noise a few seconds later during gear retraction is the sound I thought the thread was about :)

Some aircraft do it, some don't and some more than others.

Thanks for explaning, do you know the reason why some aircraft do make the noise and others don't?

@

I believe if you read several of the comments above you will know why :)

@@Sam

I think I know what you mean and have seen this Sam: I have always assumed depending on the wear of the tyres amongst other things.

But the words assumed and other things are a bit vaque to me!

Maybe someone can give more detail?

Robert

But the words assumed and other things are a bit vaque to me!

Maybe someone can give more detail?
More detail?

The ground scraped the tire either on landing or in turning too tightly. It goes bouncy bounce bounce. It shakes. What more do you need?

Matt Cee

The ground scraped the tire either on landing or in turning too tightly. It goes bouncy bounce bounce. It shakes. What more do you need?

Yeh I kow that, I watched several movies!

That was not my question.

Wanted to know If somebody good give more explaning the reason why some aircraft do make the noise and others don't?

But nevermind. 

Yeh I kow that, I watched several movies!

That was not my question.

Wanted to know If somebody good give more explaning the reason why some aircraft do make the noise and others don't?

But nevermind. 

Tires get worn and unbalanced is all.

Matt Cee