Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Jumping plane when loading

It was working fine yesterday when I swapped the cfg file but now when I load FSX the plane jumps and keeps bouncing. I have also tried loading default planes and then loading this.

I think it has something to do with the terrain Mesh resolution. You may want to lower or increase it a couple of notches until the bouncing stops.

Same happens for me.  Just choose go to airport in the menus if the plane jumps and it should settle down in the same spot.  One extra step but seems to solve the problem.  I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.

Steve Giblin

I don't own the aircraft yet, but I'll bet the ones that are jumping a thousand feet in the air or bouncing really bad have;

[Main]

DisablePreload=1

in their "fsx.cfg" file. Try removing the DisablePreoad line or at least change the switch from a 1 to a 0.

To avoid even a slight wobble, make sure the LAST thing you do is to select runway or gate.

Those of you with the issue might like to try that, it works every time.

If loading the gate or runway LAST, doesn't help, I believe if you contact Majestic with your order number, they now have a temporary fix.

Majestic say the issue will be fixed in the next update.

I changed the default flight to a default Cessna 152, at the gate at my local airport. If I select this first and then load up the dash after the Cessna loads I get no problems. I suspect it's something to do with the default flight being airborne.

To avoid even a slight wobble, make sure the LAST thing you do is to select runway or gate.

Those of you with the issue might like to try that, it works every time.

If loading the gate or runway LAST, doesn't help, I believe if you contact Majestic with your order number, they now have a temporary fix.

Majestic say the issue will be fixed in the next update.

This is working for me as well - select the Q400, the airport (BUT NOT THE GATE), the flightplan, the date/time, THEN go back and select the departure gate!  Notice the gear are now down in the preview window - now select GO FLY!   Hardly a jiggle when starting.  FWIW, I have no starting situation in my fsx.cfg.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE