Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

3 new bush strips for PNW

Although not strictly Orbx, these three bush strips are designed to slot seamlessly into Orbx' PNW. They are payware but at A$19.99 (about 7/6 real money) they are excellent value.

Give them a look HERE. There are links to PC Aviator US and Aus. 

Disclaimer: I have no connection with the developer other than as a satisfied customer.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron thanks for the heads up on this one.  I would have missed it otherwise.  They appear to be nice renderings although they do not have all the bells and whistles of the smaller Orbx strips.  The price is right!  And it is easy to "beef" them up with other airport clutter and detail using Instant Scenery.

I haven't purchased the last 5-6 Orbx stuff including Wales because their prices are too expensive IMHO, at some point the MacDonald's principle should come into play and their suite of library objects are done (although they do keep adding to them), but development of smaller strips should see downward pressure on prices....I'm just saying.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

....I haven't purchased the last 5-6 Orbx stuff including Wales....

Bryan

You 'n' me both mate and not because of price!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I just bought this package...and will give them a try.

And the best part was that today TUESDAY is their "10% off Tuesdays" sale, so I got a 10% discount.

Bryan

You 'n' me both mate and not because of price!

I understand.

Near CAM3

Great stuff indeed, thanks for the heads up. Had no idea other devs made Orbx compitable airports, I just wish he got permission from orbx to use their flows and stuff as it's the only thing I miss with these airports. One of them airports was really bumpy, I damaged the propeller on takeoff in the Katana4X(need a better bush plane for this one). Excellent stuff!! 

Hi guys, thanks for the comments

I don't think the airstrips would need to have any more detail than they already do, but all a matter of personal preference I guess.

As for using flows, I agree that they do add a nice touch to the airports, however they are not essential in creating atmosphere, If you fly around this scenery you will see (and hear ;)) that.

Cheers,

Misha

As for using flows, I agree that they do add a nice touch to the airports, however they are not essential in creating atmosphere, If you fly around this scenery you will see (and hear ;)) that.

I know, your airports have great atmosphere, but when used too all the flows at Orbx airports I can't help the feeling that I miss something but as you say they are not essential. I will still keep buying whatever next you come up with and it's great to see a dev that focus on making airports compitable with FTX scenery.

Keep up the good work :good:

Great stuff indeed, thanks for the heads up. Had no idea other devs made Orbx compitable airports, I just wish he got permission from orbx to use their flows and stuff as it's the only thing I miss with these airports. One of them airports was really bumpy, I damaged the propeller on takeoff in the Katana4X(need a better bush plane for this one). Excellent stuff!! 

If you are looking for other Orbx compatible airports check out SimAddons...there are several for the PNW that are much better than the Orbx default.

Hi guys, thanks for the comments

I don't think the airstrips would need to have any more detail than they already do, but all a matter of personal preference I guess.

As for using flows, I agree that they do add a nice touch to the airports, however they are not essential in creating atmosphere, If you fly around this scenery you will see (and hear ;)) that.

Cheers,

Misha

I have now been to all three, challenging landings and t/o's.  I do like the birds atmosphere.  And I agree the flows are not needed but just fun to add.  I also add things like combine machines and haybaling machines with bales etc.  just to there is other stuff around. 

I like the river work and the larger surround area that you have blended with Orbx stuff....good work.

Near CAM3