Sign in to follow this  
oZZ

What about PMDG and classic aircraft

You could just fly routes with it for fun, that's what I do with their civilian mustang.

Sometimes I do fly just for fun, but more typically if I see a classic on the schedule for an upcoming airshow somewhere, then I will fly to the air show location from wherever I happen to be ...   Sounds crazy, but that's just the way my preferences evolved over the years.

To my point, I would imagine PMDG's sales on classics would be much lower than on a current aircraft. So I don't think we would see an overly complicated model as a filler project nor a mainstream project. They would be cutting it thin on margin after the dev costs. Say a PMDG Concorde vs. a PMDG 787, I believe (and I'm no expert) the 787 would give them a faster return and much higher sales on their efforts.

But then again, like 99.9% of us, we have no idea how many man hours, costs, and what criteria they use when making a business case for selecting an aircraft.

The good thing is, they could release Snoopy's Dog House tomorrow, and folks would buy it because they know it was done right. :)

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Beechcraft 1900C/D V2? Or a Beech B99?

Relatively simple aircraft and still in service. I think PMDG could sell them well.

Tamas