Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Having an expensive custom system shipped.

I'm looking to buy a dedicated system for FSX et al...

Most likely buying from someone like Cyber Power PC or similar place. 

The system I want including monitor is well north of $3,000.00

So my question is, how reliable is it to have them shipped via UPS/FEDEX? 

Reason I ask, the last time I bought a system via online several years ago, had it shipped.

It showed up with internal damage the manufacture said was due to shipping. They replaced it, but the replacement unit showed up damaged too. They ended up giving me a full refund but the back and forth of them building my system, then shipping to me, me determining it was broken. Contacting them and authorizing the return, then shipping it back to them. Was extremely time consuming... all the while my money was tied up with them and I was w/o a gaming system. 

So with that, my question is, how is it these days. How secure and reliable is the shipping of a very expensive gaming rig? 

Building one is out of the question for me, don't have the time nor the talent. 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I have many fragile high tech items shipped to me on a regular basis with no signs of damage, mind you most are shipped via FedEx 24hr. The shipper also has the responsibility of making sure the item/items are packaged sufficiently also.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

get shipping insurance from the fed ex, ups, us mail make the shipper pay for the item if they dropped or handle it clumsy.